Display Problem

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

E

RE: Display Problem

Post by E »

I should have added "Thanks for trying to help!"
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no worries, i seem to be to quick in replying some days and don't maybe spend enough time reading[X(]

but thanks anyway and sorry it's not sorted, it won't be long, as another patch is in the works i read
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
TYHo

Post by TYHo »

Hi all,

I am facing the same display problem after installing the V1.0.2.7 patch, in which I cannot start/stop AFVs. So I have gone back to the Day Zero patch. Is that the only solution now in order to play the game? Otherwise, what are the keyboard shortcut keys for starting, stopping and reversing AFVs? Thanks! [&o]
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

You'll find them in new Appendix E in the manual:

F Start AFV Forward
B Start AFV Reverse
S Stop AFV
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

I'm currently working on fixing 1024x768 resolution once I'm done with it I will post a beta patch.
TYHo

Post by TYHo »

Thanks for all your help! Didn't realized the patch also included a manual update... [;)]
E

Post by E »

Current state of these 1024x768 bugs, as of this date...

1) The stack display is now centered and thus readable for all hex columns, but it is inconsistent on whether you have to click it to shut, it or not. The inconsistency is irritating and rhythm-breaking in the heat of the moment! It really should be one way or the other all the time. Can this be fixed?

2) Results box is still too small and must be side-scrolled to get results after EVERY combat (Does ANYBODY like side-scrolling?). This still needs a permanent fix to make the game user-friendly.

Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: E

Current state of these 1024x768 bugs, as of this date...

1) The stack display is now centered and thus readable for all hex columns, but it is inconsistent on whether you have to click it to shut, it or not. The inconsistency is irritating and rhythm-breaking in the heat of the moment! It really should be one way or the other all the time. Can this be fixed?

2) Results box is still too small and must be side-scrolled to get results after EVERY combat (Does ANYBODY like side-scrolling?). This still needs a permanent fix to make the game user-friendly.

Hi E,

the 1024x768 resolution is really too small to properly support it in the game. The POPUP window is simply too big and the Action Log window is too small for this resolution. Considering that 1024x768 resolution is ancient these days, I can't focus on specifically developing functionality just for this small resolution. I made some changes in the code to address some glaring issues where buttons wouldn't size properly etc but its never going to be perfect, I'm sorry.
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla
the 1024x768 resolution is really too small to properly support it in the game. The POPUP window is simply too big and the Action Log window is too small for this resolution. Considering that 1024x768 resolution is ancient these days, I can't focus on specifically developing functionality just for this small resolution. I made some changes in the code to address some glaring issues where buttons wouldn't size properly etc but its never going to be perfect, I'm sorry.
I and other 1024x768 users are not worth the effort. Got it.

(It's a shame too, because I did do my research before buying the game, and erroneously thought "support" meant something different than 'Well, it won't crash'... )
ORIGINAL: Paullus (2/25/2016)
...The following resolutions are supported by the game
1024 x 768, 1280 x 800, 1360 x 768, 1366 x 768, 1536 x 864, 1280 x 960, 1440 x 900, 1280 x 1024, 1680 x 1050, 1600 x 900, 1600 x 1200, 1920 x 1080, 1920 x 1200, 2560 x 1440.

And this falls into the "Sort Of/Maybe" category....
ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla
My design focus is to deliver core game functionality first, as bug free as possible. Quality is very important to me...because again this is my labour of love project. I have no plans or desire to work any other game in my life, my focus is to support the game and enhance the game for many years to come.

rico21

Post by rico21 »

Attachments
e1.jpg
e1.jpg (30.41 KiB) Viewed 72 times
E

Post by E »

rico21

Post by rico21 »

..[:D]
E

Post by E »

I was really frustrated at the time I wrote that message about paying customers, promises, false advertising and support.

I'd really like to play the game, but the lack of advertised support alongside the irritation of trying to play it, was the final straw for me.

Return to “Tech Support”