ZOC bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

quiritus

ZOC bug

Post by quiritus »

in the first impulse of Global War campaign a polish inf army, don't have zoc. i have save if needed
Orm

RE: ZOC bug

Post by Orm »

I do not know if a save is needed, but I would appreciate one.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
albricias

Post by albricias »

RAC, page 156: Divisions only have a ZOC into their own hex.
quiritus

Post by quiritus »

...but it seem that the trouble is not only in surprise impulse: it happen even in China some turn after.. the fisrt save on poland this afternoon. i'm not i sure i can recover the second in china.
quiritus

Post by quiritus »

ORIGINAL: albricias

RAC, page 156: Divisions only have a ZOC into their own hex.
yes: i write Army at start.
quiritus

Post by quiritus »

The Karpaty (Carpathian) Army 1 hex south of Gdinya seem don' t have ZOC. GE 6-4,4-4 inf XXX and 1-4 XX can go adjacent of Lodz
Attachments
SONOZOC.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Mike Dubost

Post by Mike Dubost »

Way back in December, I found a similar issue in China.

No ZOC in China

The bug was not reproducible on others' systems, so I just ignored it and stopped my units where they should have stopped.
When I saw it again in Poland with the new version, I just figured my idiosyncratic bug was back and enforced the movement rules on myself.

Since it has now appeared on another system, maybe a new bug hunt is in order?

I think I'm one of the few people that actually likes to play with both Construction Engineers and Combat Engineers options. I just like the tradeoffs.
Could there be some odd interaction with optional rules choices here? I can post a screenshot of my normal rules choices, if it would help.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

It's a bug. For some reason, some Polish units don't have a ZOC, where they should have one.

f.e.: I can move a German INF around the Polish army to Gdynia. However, I can't move a German unit into the hex between the Polish CAV and Lodz if I start from the south, but I can do that move from the north. Strange behaviour...

I've reported it, so it can be investigated.
Peter

Return to “Tech Support”