High Hitler: how Nazi drug abuse steered the course of history

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zorch

High Hitler: how Nazi drug abuse steered the course of history

Post by Zorch »

"German writer Norman Ohler’s astonishing account of methamphetamine addiction in the Third Reich changes what we know about the second world war"

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/ ... -interview

Zorch Comment: I don't know how much of this book is new knowledge. The Nazi drug stuff is known but not emphasized by historians. Is the author stretching the facts? Certainly Hitler was ill-served by his doctors.
wings7

RE: High Hitler: how Nazi drug abuse steered the course of history

Post by wings7 »

That would be an interesting read...thanks for the link! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

"German writer Norman Ohler’s astonishing account of methamphetamine addiction in the Third Reich changes what we know about the second world war"

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/ ... -interview

Zorch Comment: I don't know how much of this book is new knowledge. The Nazi drug stuff is known but not emphasized by historians. Is the author stretching the facts? Certainly Hitler was ill-served by his doctors.
warspite1

I'm not sure exactly to what extent this has been exaggerated but I do know that Adolf Hitler would never go to a nightclub without first getting completely off his t***

Fact.....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
operating

Post by operating »

What's so different from Hitler to the last 3 American presidents that are admitted recreational drug users?[&:]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: operating

What's so different from Hitler to the last 3 American presidents that are admitted recreational drug users?[&:]

You need to read some bios on the "Führer"...
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: wings7

The post was meant to be rhetorical, Hitler's drug use is not of much interest to me, it's kinda getting into the weeds as far as I am concerned...
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

The post was meant to be rhetorical, Hitler's drug use is not of much interest to me, it's kinda getting into the weeds as far as I am concerned...
<groan> [8D]
operating

Post by operating »

<groan> [8D]
You did have my attention piqued about the Nazi Gold Train, sorry that didn't pan out...[:(]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

<groan> [8D]
You did have my attention piqued about the Nazi Gold Train, sorry that didn't pan out...[:(]
That train has already left the station...

Return to “General Discussion”