NEW v1.21.03 Hotfix for v1.20.04 Public Beta

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

pzgndr

NEW v1.21.03 Hotfix for v1.20.04 Public Beta

Post by pzgndr »

Attached is a new v1.21.03 hotfix for the v1.20.04 public beta already available. Please maintain an official version of the original game updated to the latest v1.08.07 official comprehensive patch. Install a different beta version of the game updated to v1.08.07 and v1.20.04, and then copy the hotfix EXE into the beta version directory. You can just copy this new hotfix over the previous v1.21.01 or v1.21.02 if you already have that.

This build does not add any more bug fixes or game improvements beyond those already resolved, but does finally resolve the AI builds for both MPs and minors, for land and naval forces. During reinforcement phases, AI land and naval factors are being added to units and new AI land corps units are being placed. I still cannot get new AI naval fleet units to be placed; I will figure this out sooner or later.

So. This hot fix does include previous fixes, resolves the graphics issues, and resolves the AI builds. Players should now be able to enjoy the new wide-screen EIA game experience and perhaps be challenged a bit more by the computer opponent(s). Please give it a go if you get a chance and provide some comments.

Assuming no show-stoppers with this final draft hotfix, I will proceed to developing a public beta package for Matrix over the next week or so. The hotfix is nice, but the beta package will include the new data files and setups for separate classic EIA and alternate EIH campaigns. Stand by for that!
Attachments
EiANWv12103.zip
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
obsidiandrag

RE: NEW v1.21.03 Hotfix for v1.20.04 Public Beta

Post by obsidiandrag »

Loving the new FULL SCREEN version.. I have played 60% to victory point win already. AI seems a little more challenging, not waiting until it's been decimated to surrender means they will be ready for round 2 in time. Some new and sneaky advances too. I can tell they are building better and not just stacking them in a corner once re-built. Thanks for the continued work. It keeps getting closer and closer to being compatible if you are missing 1 or 2 players for the AI to step in.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

There was one AI amphibious landing issue that was bothering me and I think it is resolved for the time being. The rest appears to be stable. So I am wrapping up documentation and preparing to send a public beta package to Matrix Games this weekend. Depending on their backlog, we may have this released in the next couple of weeks. I am optimistic that players will appreciate the new wide-screen format, game enhancements and separate EIA and EIH campaigns, and get back to playing this outstanding game. Please be patient just a bit longer.
Bill Macon
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Alright, "Shot Over" to Matrix Games with the files for a new public beta. When I hear something about an installer to test and it's ready to go, I will let folks know.
Bill Macon
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Update. I finally heard from Erik Rutins that the production team is going to take a look. Matrix is swamped with other stuff and unfortunately this is a lower priority. We will get the public beta out when we can.
Bill Macon
Maple Leaf

Post by Maple Leaf »

Thanks for the update and thanks for all your efforts.
It's a great game with a few remaining and annoying bugs. Here's hoping that with your efforts those have been corrected, and Matrix will post an official beta soon so that I and lots of other long time players can return to this great game.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Good news to report. I successfully tested the v1.21.03 beta update installer this evening and provided some comments back to Matrix. We are close to getting this out finally. Stand by! [:)]
Bill Macon
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Just bought this game, and the first challenge is where to find the official 1.08.07 patch? It does not seem to be in the members' area, like the 1.21.03 patch.

And when you say I should "install a different beta version of the game", I guess you mean install a second copy?
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Sorry for any misunderstanding. For a clean install you just need the base game and the single comprehensive v1.21.03 public beta patch. No need to install the last official v1.08.07 patch. The idea of the hotfix was to allow players to try some of the new .EXE improvements on top of v1.08.07.

I was concerned about some players who may still be playing the previous official version who would want a separate installation of the base game in a different directory and then the public beta. The new public beta installer essentially uninstalls the old data files and setups, and replaces them with the new classic EIA and alternate EIH data files and setups. For new players, I recommend going straight to the public beta.
Bill Macon
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Great, thanks. Thanks for your support for this game.

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”