New Panzer Command Title

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Firebri

New Panzer Command Title

Post by Firebri »

Is there a new title in the making ?
Mobius

RE: New Panzer Command Title

Post by Mobius »

We are looking on doing something new. Whether it is a patch, a supplement or new title will depend on the amount of time we can apply to it.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Firebri

Post by Firebri »

I'm glad to hear that, PCO is such a good game.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

agreed, look forward to hearing more and if helps is needed testing, you only need to ask[&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Firebri

Post by Firebri »

The only thing I would ask, if the new title is going to be set in another theatre. Can we have some screen shots please.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

As Mobius said, we are looking doing something, but haven't made any firm commitments. The team is pretty small.

Thanks
Rick
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Im still playing and enjoying Panzer Command Ostfront very much, any addition in any shape or form would be much appreciated.[:)]
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Rush

Im still playing and enjoying Panzer Command Ostfront very much, any addition in any shape or form would be much appreciated.[:)]

We're glad you're still enjoying it. There is just a couple of us working on it and it is taking longer than we had hoped. But we are still plugging away.

Thanks
Rick
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Thanks for the reply Rick.

Where there's a will there's a way they say...and I for one wish you all the very best.

Panzer Command Ostfront deserves continuation as its truly a remarkable game that for me has the balance between tabletop and PC gaming.

I cant put my finger on it, but after a long PcO session I really get that satisfied "Wargame" fulfillment that I used to get many years ago at the Wargame tabletop evenings on Friday nights

PcO has that special ingredient to offer when you take the time to learn the mechanics and workings of the game. I think its a masterpiece.

Cheers
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

eggmansdaddy

Post by eggmansdaddy »

Hello-

So this game has never left my hard drive since I purchased it. Was wondering if Matrix/Slitherine has committed any thought/resources/people to keep this game engine going? This is a truly underappreciated game, it is a lot of fun if you take the time to learn it.

Might I suggest Pacific as the next theater. Not much on the tactical front there.

eggmansdaddy
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: eggmansdaddy

Hello-

So this game has never left my hard drive since I purchased it. Was wondering if Matrix/Slitherine has committed any thought/resources/people to keep this game engine going? This is a truly underappreciated game, it is a lot of fun if you take the time to learn it.

Might I suggest Pacific as the next theater. Not much on the tactical front there.

eggmansdaddy

Hey eggmansdaddy,

The "team" is pretty much down to two of us, and neither of us has been very active recently. We ran into a problem with the Map Maker that has proven to be rather difficult to resolve. The problem is with the google maps interface. This is a javascript/hta application and the interface with google maps no longer works.

There are a couple of more things I plan to try, but I'm not really optimistic at this point.

There were several things we were looking at improving in the engine, but without a functioning Map Maker, I'm not sure how far we can go. I'll post an update here if we're successful in getting MM to work. If any javascript-google map experts that are interested in having a go at it, let me know.

Thanks
Rick
eggmansdaddy

Post by eggmansdaddy »

Rick-

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply. I apologize for it being a little time before I meandered back this way. Not happy to hear the problem is the Google Maps Java api, but I know they changed their Maps interface awhile back and do you suspect that's the culprit?

I hope this gets figured out, this is too good a game engine to fade away. Anybody else using Google Maps you know in the developer community that might steer you to a solution?

Thanks
eggmansdaddy
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Rick-

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply. I apologize for it being a little time before I meandered back this way. Not happy to hear the problem is the Google Maps Java api, but I know they changed their Maps interface awhile back and do you suspect that's the culprit?

I hope this gets figured out, this is too good a game engine to fade away. Anybody else using Google Maps you know in the developer community that might steer you to a solution?

Thanks
eggmansdaddy

yes i'm sure the new api is the reason. I thought I had rewritten the necessary parts for the new API, but i think it might be more fundamental. and tehre were several function that used to be supported but arn'e in the new API.

Thanks
rick
eggmansdaddy

Post by eggmansdaddy »

Okay, that's reasonable. I wish you luck, I'd help but have no coding skills whatsoever.

What version of the api were you using?

eggmansdaddy
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Okay, that's reasonable. I wish you luck, I'd help but have no coding skills whatsoever.

What version of the api were you using?

eggmansdaddy

Map Maker was actually written by Stridor for Panz Comm Kharkov. I'd have to check my notes to see what api ver it was, but it was quite old

Thanks
rick
eggmansdaddy

Post by eggmansdaddy »

Clearly it's pre version 3...

2.+ maybe?

eggmansdaddy
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

yes thats the guide I went through. it doesnt cover everything. but I actually went through and replaced all of the v2 with the v3 equiv. And then I had to write some work arounds for some v2 fcns that weren't included in v3 api. but When I finished it still wasn't working. I have couple of things I'll try yet, but have been busy for last couple of months.

Thanks!
Rick
eggmansdaddy

Post by eggmansdaddy »

Rick-

I appreciate your efforts. Would it be possible to introduce a different map generator? Keep in mind I don't know dick about coding, at least modern coding...LOL...can you say Basic programming on a green bar terminal...LMAO!It wasn't visual, but used a LOT of paper...at least I didn't have to punch cards...

Thanks for your effort, great game, sad it would die a death for lack of an API function.

Regards,

eggmansdaddy
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Rick-

I appreciate your efforts. Would it be possible to introduce a different map generator? Keep in mind I don't know dick about coding, at least modern coding...LOL...can you say Basic programming on a green bar terminal...LMAO!It wasn't visual, but used a LOT of paper...at least I didn't have to punch cards...

Thanks for your effort, great game, sad it would die a death for lack of an API function.

Regards,

eggmansdaddy

well hopefully i wont expose my age, but I remember writing program name on the edge of the punch cards in their box so that if they got spilled it would be easier to get them back in order.

rick

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”