More than 1 tank?

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Phoenix100

More than 1 tank?

Post by Phoenix100 »

In the sense that you just move the counters around and pay attention to their SPs etc it doesn't actually matter whether I have a platoon of tanks within a single counter, or whether each counter only ever represents a single tank. But for immersion purposes it's very important for me. For example, in the pic below, this stack of two tank counters - is it 2 tanks or 2 platoons of tanks? Thanks.

Peter

Attachments
tanks.gif
tanks.gif (350.68 KiB) Viewed 38 times
Jason Petho

RE: More than 1 tank?

Post by Jason Petho »

In that example, you have two platoons of tanks, one with 5 tanks, the other with 2.

The one with 2 is the company HQ
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

As an aside, I'm loving all the questions!
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Thanks Jason. Hope that isn't meant ironically, because there will probably be more. Could I have found the answer to that question in the manual? Because I did look. Possible I missed it though. So for (all) vehicles the SP figure is the number of vehicles? But for infantry it's numbers of half squads (without being able to work out how many in a squad), right?

Peter

I'm still really enjoying it. It flows and plays nice, but the maps are the real lure, as I said. Really look forward to the Vietnam maps, and especially, the WW2 maps. You haven't any teaser images of maps from those that you can post?

Also - no doubt people have said this before (I come late to this party) - but it would be great (again, for immersion) to have a little picture of the unit/vehicle in the F2 info.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Yes, it was meant with complete sincerity! The manual is quite comprehensive, but overwhelming at first glance so it is easy to miss some of the details.

Yes, for vehicles and for heavy weapons, one SP = one vehicle or one heavy weapon (machine gun, mortar, artillery piece, etc)

Maps for Vietbam are in The middle of being built, when something comes available, we will post it straight away.

Unit pictures were not included due to the substantial cost of acquiring proper images and ensuring their royalties are paid for and credits given. Once it becomes financially viable, I could see them being added in a future update.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks Jason for making a fine game. I am back to playing it and I did post before. I was just trying to figure out which side is which when deciding to play. Could that be made clearer in the future and maybe what side to play against the AI? I always play computer

I went to the manual and it explains it well, thanks

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”