Beginner mod question

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Phoenix100

Beginner mod question

Post by Phoenix100 »

Just bought this and I'm super impressed so far. Incredible how much functionality has been added to the basic JTS engine. Really superb job. I missed it for so long because I'm not really interested in the middle east theatre for this period, so also really look forward to future WW2 iterations. Meanwhile, the system is so spot on, the scale (for units and map) such an improvement on most of the JTS stuff that I will try to get interested in these conflicts!

Quick mod question: The Maus Man 3d mod is so beautiful it almost makes me want to play in 3D instead of my usual 2d. But not with those counters. Is there anyway I can get nato counters into the 3d zooms? Either something easy I can mod myself, or a setting I've missed, or a mod already out there?

Many thanks,

Peter
Crossroads

RE: Beginner mod question

Post by Crossroads »

Hello Peter, sorry, no easy way around there. All the units have their individual unit graphics files, with the six facings present. So each of those hundreds files would need to have the NATO symbols put in instead. What I do I play MausMan mod with Alternate Bases, or with no bases at all, for a more subtle look. In fact, I pretty much use Alternate Bases for everything while in 3D, that's why I did them in the first place [8D]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Thanks Crossroads. Will try that.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Another quick and very beginner question. Sorry. I have sped through the manual, but didn't find the answer. I'm used to the JTS system where you right click on the hex info box and it gives you a picture of the hex showing and naming any hexside features (walls, streams, hedges etc) that will affect combat and movement. Are there functioning hexsides in this game? If so, is the only way I can identify what they are by viewing them on the map? I can't get a graphic of the hex somehow, as in the JTS games, and see what each hex side consists of?

Thanks again,

Peter
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

You have the Unit List / Hex infobox enabled? Short key 'U'. That lists what there is. I don't believe we have similar info available as say PzBattles do at the moment, but a new Hex Infobox is high on our wishlist (among all other things that are high on our wish list lol)
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Thanks. I just meant the info shown in the pic below. That's from a JTS Panzer Campaign game. It works the same in Panzer battles.

In CSME, am I right, I can only get that gully info by looking at the map? There's nowhere I can check what I think I see is the hexside?
Attachments
hexbox.gif
hexbox.gif (120.94 KiB) Viewed 44 times
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

In CSME, am I right, I can only get that gully info by looking at the map? There's nowhere I can check what I think I see is the hexside?

Yes, that is correct.

For now.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Thanks. The maps are very clear - not like normal JTS maps at all - so in fact its pretty obvious what each hexside is, even with my eyesight......

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”