CWDB AIM-9C and Talos H issue

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

TheOriginalOverlord

CWDB AIM-9C and Talos H issue

Post by TheOriginalOverlord »

Had some issues and made a test scen to verify.

F-8J crusader cannot use the the AIM-9C (radar guided sidewinder)...always gets target cannot be detected etc msg.

CG Albany using the Talos "H".. (ARM mode missile) can engage some of the shore based radars...but never detects the spoon rest and can't engage. I even added a few ESM sensors and didn't detect the spoon rest.

FYI..

Attachments
aim9CtalosHtest.zip
(10.02 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

mikmykWS

RE: CWDB AIM-9C and Talos H issue

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks! Added to our list of fixes.

Mike
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Hi on the Talos ARM it depends what band the seeker head is gonna go for once I get back in I'll check it over same for the Crusader AIM-9C combo as well
ORIGINAL: Overlord

F-8J crusader cannot use the the AIM-9C (radar guided sidewinder)...always gets target cannot be detected etc msg.

CG Albany using the Talos "H".. (ARM mode missile) can engage some of the shore based radars...but never detects the spoon rest and can't engage. I even added a few ESM sensors and didn't detect the spoon rest.

FYI..

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
TheOriginalOverlord

ORIGINAL: .Sirius

Hi on the Talos ARM it depends what band the seeker head is gonna go for once I get back in I'll check it over same for the Crusader AIM-9C combo as well

FYI..

Thanks...is there a quick way to check the seeker head capability?

Also note...the Albany did NOT detect the spoon rest at all with it's default ESM...nor with manually added newer ESM sensors.
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

TheOriginalOverlord

bump
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

WHat are you bumping...the devs already said it was added to the list
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

Well, I was going to report the same but this thread already exists so I'll put it here. I understand it's already on the list, but I'm attaching two more test scenarios. The scenario I built that used AIM-9C armed Crusaders (and many thanks to the guys who played it) and a test scenario I built to troubleshoot. Hope it helps.
Attachments
AIM9C.zip
(923.61 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Formerly cwemyss
Luidzi

Post by Luidzi »

In the Aircraft Database Viewer/Aircraft Stores for the appropriate plane there should be a notice in the description (what system can provide guidance). This is missing for AIM-9C. From my observation, it looks like AIM-9C is not paired to any radar present in the database.
Also, the missile itself has not any illumination properties and its guidance type description is something I've never seen at SARH missile.

As for the RGM-8H Talos: Frequency bands of ARM seeker are not mentioned anywhere. I believe you have to access the database to get this info. However, it is not a case of mismatched frequency, I've checked the missile and its seeker works. Just, for some reason, Spoon Rest radar is much difficult to detect from the ground, and Talos loaded on ship launcher cannot see the radar unless it is very close to minimum engagement distance. For experiment - when loaded to the aircraft, it works at any range. Unless the low detection range is a problem, I believe it is "working as intended".
TheOriginalOverlord

OK...updated to current DB...

partially fixed... the Talos ARM now works correctly... Radar LOS is important here depending upon which Radar you are attacking.. as I got close the ARM could detect the Spoon Rest and successfully engage it.

RE: AIM-9C (SARH Sidewinder) still not working... but I searched the DB for other comparable SARH weapons and I noted the AIM-9C did NOT have "illuminate at launch" flagged...possibly that is the problem?

Thanks again!
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok thanks. Pinged the guy in charge of that one to take a look.

Mike
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Problem fixed :)

OK...updated to current DB...

partially fixed... the Talos ARM now works correctly... Radar LOS is important here depending upon which Radar you are attacking.. as I got close the ARM could detect the Spoon Rest and successfully engage it.

RE: AIM-9C (SARH Sidewinder) still not working... but I searched the DB for other comparable SARH weapons and I noted the AIM-9C did NOT have "illuminate at launch" flagged...possibly that is the problem?

Thanks again!
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
TheOriginalOverlord

Awesome...I'll dust off my old scenario and try and get it finished!
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

TheOriginalOverlord

@.Sirius

AIM-9C issue is back along with the SS-2 issue in build 470. Same issues as before...perhaps the fixes didn't carry over.

Thanks!
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Fixed
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

TheOriginalOverlord

Same bugs are back in build 478.

Also can you check the antenna height (?) on the Spoon Rest #706. It's very hard to detect and engage it with the Talos ARM. You must get really close like within 10nm.

Of course that might be accurate...but if its range is 150nm...you'd think it could be detected sooner.. the SS-2 running short on range at about 250nm is back...do you need a save for that?
Attachments
aim9CtalosHtest.zip
(17.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

Return to “Tech Support”