LCU symbols?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dili

LCU symbols?

Post by Dili »

In land units there is an option in editor for symbol. How the numbering is made to be used by editor/game in relation to the button6_(nationality).bmp?

Is it possible to add more icons to the button6_(nationality).bmp of graphics and use them in game?

Is it possible to color differentiate between Axis IJN land units and IJA Land Units?
m10bob

RE: LCU symbols?

Post by m10bob »

Yes, LCU are moddable, and there are several mods available for them, (if that was your question.)

Using a good art editor you can make a new bmp file for what you want.

Dili

Post by Dili »

I mean the relation between the LCU symbol and the bmp file.

For example in editor "Type = 08 Armored Unit" i suppose this makes the game read a certain part of that 06 bitmap where the armored symbol exist. Then there are also the Suffix this triggers another bmp icon with the unit size at right side division XX, regiment III etc...

Is it possible to overule that putting another value in the symbol field? I thinkwe have to do that for parachute units to have the para symbol.

Or if i make the button6_bmp bigger and add more symbols can the game read them?
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

The "symbol" field in the editor only works for infantry type units and AFAIK the only values used are 12 for cavalry symbol, 13 for the para symbol and para ability and 19 for raider ability (i.e. loading on subs in combat mode). The 19 value shows up as para symbol by default, but if you add an icon at the bottom of the button_6 files, the game will use this icon. For example, I have added an infantry symbol with "SOF" label (for "Special Operations Force") to the button file and the icon shows up for symbol 19 units (but unfortunately without the unit size indicator). I have asked for the possibility of more symbol values and icon additions in the beta thread, but no reply from MichaelM [:(]

Attachments
19.jpg
19.jpg (205.78 KiB) Viewed 41 times
Dili

Post by Dili »

Thanks LST for the detailed answer.

I wanted to have more variability in units icons, like using a motorized infantry icon instead armored icon for some units, seems not possible. That said i wonder if there isn't a window of possibility between 14-18 values.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”