Opps wanted: new Triumph of the Reich scenario

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

falco148

Opps wanted: new Triumph of the Reich scenario

Post by falco148 »

Anybody else up for this? This is Icym's new creation and looks pretty cool. Its PBEM only so I think it would be fun to play others
in a scenario none of us know nothing about!...lol 2 -5 players required so would be cool to get 5 players.

Here is link to info about Triumph of the Reich.....

tm.asp?m=4141160

Twotribes

RE: Opps wanted: new Triumph of the Reich scenario

Post by Twotribes »

I would play but am slow at returns.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Scenario looks very interesting. Like to play it. As well as Twotribes I am slow in returns.

If you like to play a fast game, why not look for palyers for a fast one and Twotribes and I sign in for a second one which is running slow.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

I would like to try out the scenario. I usually respond quickly as I am retired and do not have a job that interferes with my playing. If I am going to be away from my computer for any length of time I usually give advanced warning (unless I get no warning--like a ISP crash--like when the server on Mingus Mtn failed and it took several days for them to replace it--due to STORMS).
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Not necessarily looking for a fast game but on the other hand don't really want one that takes forever either. So I would rather
just play the one game at the moment.

I think considering the number of countries that can be played, 5 players would be ideal. Also I think it says in the scenario notes
that turns by the major countries could take up to 1 to 2 hours to play so would be good to have opponents that are committed.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

US and Britain are viable as is Germany and Russia, France has nothing to do nor Norway. Italy might be viable. Commonwealth probably best as a British player. Minor German Axis as German.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

So we have the following countries.....
Britain
France
Commonwealth

Germany
SS
Italy
Axis Minors
Finland

Russia

Spain
Norway
Turkey
Persia.

As we have four players ready to go I would suggest the four groupings I have listed would be most historically accurate if played by each individual player.
Anyone else have any suggestions? I havnt really looked at the players manual or anything yet. If another player wants to join we would divide the countries
up further of course.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Give France to the neutrals It can have a play if the allies help it. Persia is AI and at war with Britain at start. Spain and Turkey only come in if Germany attacks them.

I assume the US goes to Britain commonwealth? US becomes active after first none movement turn.

I am the slowest of the bunch and have had issues before so I would take the neutrals and France.
icym

Post by icym »

Having played in solo, 2 and 3 player games, my thoughts:

For three players, the suggested grouping would be:

Allied player:
Britain
US
France
Commonwealth

Axis Player:
Germany
SS
Italy
Axis Minors (Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria which are grouped as one Regime)
Finland

Russian Player:
Russia

British Player:
Spain
Norway
Turkey

AI:
Persia

The British player is assigned those last 3 Regimes as it minimizes sending turns to the same player twice in the one round. Spain and Turkey only become active (apart from doing some production) if Germany attacks them. Norway does nothing unless the Allies regain territory in Norway. So in most games Spain/Norway/Turkey only take a few minutes to play.

With four or five players the choice becomes how to split up the Regimes. Either:

Britain
(plus Spain/Norway/Turkey)
----------
US
France
Commonwealth
(Playing the CW Gives the US player something to do while the US is gearing up)

and/or:

Germany
SS
----------
Italy
Axis Minors
Finland

Russia is a heavy workload, as is Germany. Probably players with the most available time would be better tackling those.

Early game US/France/CW are pretty quick to play.

Italy/Axis Minors/Finland are not too demanding either.

Of course, you may want to adjust who plays what to suit time constraints etc.

The order of the Regimes in the game is possibly not ideal, but this started out as a 2-player scenario. By the time it morphed into a multi-player game it was too late to change anything.

I wish you all luck if you get a game started. From the end of September I will be off the grid for about two weeks, so I will have to catch up when I get back.

LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

I'll play the Soviets (Russians and Siberians?).
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Hello Falco,

have sent a PM.

Best regards, Rufus T Firefly
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Hi Rufus.....for some reason this website wont allow me to reply via PM or email to you. I agree with what u said.
You don't have to bow out because the problem u mentioned wont exist when we start this scenario. Would really like
you to stay as opponent in this.

Best regards,
falco.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Hello Falco,

thanks for the nice words.
Have started to read the manual and think it is a great game. As Vic already said it is a game in the game and not only a scenario. Really amazing, icym!

But I cannt start before Friday next week. So I leave it up to you whether you want to wait and get familiar with the game by playing a bit on your own or start with someone else earlier.
Due to the long time to play the turns it might be best to play as icym has suggested in the manual. No PBEM protection, to allow savings inbetween, but password protection (although we are all reliable players). Saving inbetwen would allow to play parts of the turn even if there is not enough time to play all at one evening. So turns might be completed earlier.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

So we have LJ Burstyn as Soviets then. I wouldn't mind a crack at Britain/US/Commonwealth/Allied minors. Rufus, could you play Germany/Italy/Axis minors?
I think it also would be a good idea to allow savings of files, so no PBEM protection. Not starting until Fri next week would be ok with me as I can have a bit
of a play around with the scenario by myself until then.

Could you guys send me your email addresses so I can set up a Dropbox folder?
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Axis, Italy and Aixs minors is fine for me.
Have already tried some small attacks along the German-Sovjet-line to see how it works in this game.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

LJ.....are u still ok with playing Soviets?
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Yeah. Looks like I probably won't last long but I'll give it my best. Have to do some homework so I'll be ready for the German onslaught.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

From my playtesting (twice) playing the Germans (and the rest of the Axis forces) it gets really tough after 1942. That winter is brutal. And that gives the Soviets time to rebuild some. After that there is the 2nd winter, and by then it gets extremely tough to make offensives.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
icym

Post by icym »

That's the good thing about play testing - it exposes the strengths and weaknesses of each Regime and points the way to possible improvements.

The game with Ernie used a relatively old version - Beta 7a. Since then there have been Betas 7b, 7c, 8 and 9 and then the release version.

A second playtest currently underway used Beta 8 which included some changes to play balance on the eastern front. Overall those changes helped the Germans a little.

As a result of both playtests, I will issue a 1d version in which the winter effects will be a little less brutal, once I return on 10th October from a 2 week break.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Back again and ready to start.
Who is enlisted now?
Falco: GB, Commonwealth and allies
Larry: SU
Rufus: Axis, Italy and allies
Is that right?

Return to “Opponents Wanted”