Artificial Islands??

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

vettim89

Artificial Islands??

Post by vettim89 »

Toying with an idea for a Spratley Islands scenario and need a solution. What is the best way to model artificial islands and/or islands not recognized by CMANO? For example, I have found an islet on Google Earth with a small landing strip that CMANO says is water:depth -16 ft. Is there a way around this. I placed a commercial platform there but that really doesn't cut it.
"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Coiler12

RE: Artificial Islands??

Post by Coiler12 »

ORIGINAL: vettim89

Toying with an idea for a Spratley Islands scenario and need a solution. What is the best way to model artificial islands and/or islands not recognized by CMANO? For example, I have found an islet on Google Earth with a small landing strip that CMANO says is water:depth -16 ft. Is there a way around this. I placed a commercial platform there but that really doesn't cut it.

Use a Mobile Offshore Base. Might be a little overdurable, but works for that kind of purpose.
mikmykWS

RE: Artificial Islands??

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: vettim89

I handled this by adding where i could and then using modified platforms when necessary.

Someday in the future we may look at terraforming again. For now though we can only use the data that we have.

Thanks!

Mike

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”