How to work the Artillery

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Vic

baerlyner

How to work the Artillery

Post by baerlyner »

Hello fellows,

I just passed DC:FWTP and now started with DC:CB.
And the two biggest changes which really challenge me are new AC-Organization, but I think I got to work with, and the new Artillery-schedules which really bothers me.

And this is where I could need some hint/ tips/ special tricks from the Forum-Veterans and Fieldmarshalls of Decisive Campaign.

At the start ArtUnits shoot with full power and easy up every breakthrough-attempt. But afterwards, due to the new need for several rounds of resupply (at least new for me ;) ) they seem to me kind of useless for the ongoing offensive until my offensive totally stops due to losses.
Ongoing I do not get it to break throug a second or third line of defense like at scenario-start at Kertsch.
The effect is that after the first attack the losses for succes rise and at the third step I do not get retreat/ break resolve for the enemies.

Maybe you could help me with your experience how to work with this new Artillery-schedule.

And another question at this point, what are for you acceptable values for Dig-In and Organization of enemy units which you plan to attack?

Thank you so far!

Cheers
baerlyner

Return to “The War Room”