(IGNORE ME, SOLVED) Units not accelerating all the way to desired speed.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ColonelMolerat

(IGNORE ME, SOLVED) Units not accelerating all the way to desired speed.

Post by ColonelMolerat »

EDIT:

Ignore/delete this post! User error/misunderstanding. I've left the text there since I can't delete the post myself, so others who may be making the same mistake may find it.

---

1 1/2 hours of testing later, I've found the problem (it's me!). The computer is automatically changing my chosen speed to the maximum speed the plane can travel at its altitude - I wasn't giving the planes time to get to cruising alt. I have a horrible feeling of deja vu that I've done this before

----
ORIGINAL POST:

Basically, if I set a plane (737-800 in my tests) to 447 knots, it will 'decide' upon a lower speed instead. I have to manually set the speed over and over again, the plane increasing its speed very slightly each time, until it finally flies at the desired speed.

In this example scenario, I have set up two planes, 'Knightrider #1' and 'Knightrider #2'.

I want both to fly at 447 knots. Knightrider #1 has a single, distant waypoint set to 447 knots. It also has a speed override of 447 knots. However, it only accelerates up to 294 knots, before lowering its desired speed to 294 knots. If I increase 'desired speed' to 447 knots again, it increases speed a little, then lowers 'desired speed' to its current speed again. I can keep 'fighting' with the plane - I increase desired speed to 447, it decides upon a much lower speed, and we keep repeating until finally it is flying at 447 knots.

Knightrider #2 has a number of waypoints, each set to 447 knots. At each one it increases its speed, but not all the way up to 447. Only after a number of waypoints (all set to 447 knots) does it finally start moving at 447 knots. It's not that the plane doesn't have time to accelerate between waypoints, they are quite far apart.

[Version 1.11, Service Release 4, Build 839.7 - Steam)

Edit:

This only seems to affect planes that have taken off - if I add a plane (already flying) using the editor, the speed changes fine.
Attachments
SpeedTest.zip
(9.18 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Return to “Tech Support”