Lets talk tea... again.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

warspite1

RE: Lets talk tea... again.

Post by warspite1 »

I have just made myself a brew of bog standard English Breakfast in my 'Thing 1' mug. I have set aside a little room for four Bourbon Creams to consume with the aforementioned cuppa.

Luvvveerrrllllyyyy [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Orm

I just brewed myself a cup on my new, spicy, Christmas tea blend. I brought out my Christmas tea cup hoping that the tea would taste even better in that cup. [:)]

While drinking the tea I am going to play some DC3, and some MWIF if I am not to slow playing DC3.

Life is grand. [:)]

If just my opponent, warspite1, didn't read me like an open book and outfoxed my every move. [:D]

warspite1

Well I hope you are enjoying your tea but on the basis you are trashing me for the 5th MWIF game running - and are likely to be in Moscow before the end of August in DC:B - I am strongly suspecting there may be some illegal substance in that beverage, because man, you are not seeing things as they are! [X(]

[;)]

Well, I am not completely sure what spices there are in my tea but I am sure they are all legal. And things do look decent in our MWIF games even though I would claim that four of them are yet to be decided.

I was mostly referring to our DC game where I feel like I am running full speed into a brick wall. [:D] [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

mince pie anyone? with a milky tea of course[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

mince pie anyone? with a milky tea of course[;)]
I would love some. Thank you. [:)]

I never tried mince pie, but it do seem delicious. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Tetley: Black and Green "Full flavored black tea with the refreshing goodness of green tea". Of course I add a ton of North American honey to it. They have another delicious blend: "British Blend"...I hope to try this wearing my monogramed bath rob sitting in my large leather chair in front of the fireplace in my library in a very Torrey-like frame of mind.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I like Lipton's mint teas. In bags. ½ liter cup of that in most mornings. Often in evenings too after bath. I also drink Forest Fruit.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Tetley: Black and Green "Full flavored black tea with the refreshing goodness of green tea". Of course I add a ton of North American honey to it. They have another delicious blend: "British Blend"...I hope to try this wearing my monogramed bath rob sitting in my large leather chair in front of the fireplace in my library in a very Torrey-like frame of mind.

Tetley's British Blend has been my "house tea" for several years now. Really good blend. I'll to try the Black and Green!
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Orm

Post by Orm »

I'll definitely need a cup of tea. I just agreed to play USSR in DC3. And I predict that it will be a character building experience, watching my armies disappear faster than I can boil the water.

Anyone has a Russian tea they can recommend?

jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

Was never a tea fan until recently. Right now teas of choice are Earl grey, English breakfast and Irish breakfast
Orm

Post by Orm »

Never tried Irish Breakfast tea. Next time I am going to buy some and try it. [:)]
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Never tried Irish Breakfast tea. Next time I am going to buy some and try it. [:)]

Coincidence... just brewed a cup of Lucky Irish Breakfast tea [:)]

I didn't scrounge up any firewood for tonight so I'm huddling with my fingers around a hot cuppa and a blanket as the temps drop to 18 degrees. I might burn some cardboard for a few minutes just to take the edge off a bit till I huddle under the blankets. I'm staying perfectly warm even without any heat. Still glad I saved the $300 instead of buying firewood though. I'll probably forgo firewood for February as well as I've really got the hang of the cold weather hardship techniques!

Definitely try the Irish Breakfast, it has a different flavor "kick" that I can't quite define.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Time for me to brew me some tea. I am going with a green/white tea with mint mix.
Me too me too! Which ones are your favourites? I like Lipton's mint teas. One is green tea Intense Mint which has 27% of spearmint. Another is Herbal Infusion Mint which is 100% mint (flavour isn't defined further than that). I have enjoyed Twining's green tea & mint mix (Mint green tea), but Lipton ones are more to my taste.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Time for me to brew me some tea. I am going with a green/white tea with mint mix.
Me too me too! Which ones are your favourites? I like Lipton's mint teas. One is green tea Intense Mint which has 27% of spearmint. Another is Herbal Infusion Mint which is 100% mint (flavour isn't defined further than that). I have enjoyed Twining's green tea & mint mix (Mint green tea), but Lipton ones are more to my taste.
I preferred Twining's over Lipton's but I am not sure which of the mint variety I preferred.

A few years ago I begun to buy almost all my tea from a small tea shop that make their own blends and flavours. So now I buy loose tea, of several different blends, by hectogram and brew a pot several times a day. They make a delicious mint tea but I can not actually recall if that blend is better than any of the others since its been to long time to compare. But I choose to believe it is way better. [:)]
troopie

Post by troopie »

Rooibos and heuning bos teas when I want something from leaves. Otherwise I drink koffie.

troopie
Pamwe Chete
jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

So, mornings for me is java - milk no sugar. Only 2 cups if I'm in the office as the stuff they have is nasty - way too acidic and more than 1 cup there tears my stomache apart.

After that it's tea...usually Earl Grey or English Breakfast.

At home in the evening is Irish Breakfast.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Time for some evening tea. And a sip of something stronger.

Attachments
001a.jpg
001a.jpg (110.25 KiB) Viewed 136 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Beginning Friday evening with a cup of Irish Cream Tea. Luverly. [:)]

And then I am ready to get my behind kicked around in MWIF. [:D]
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

My mug says "Alabama Crimson Tide"*. My boss bought it for me of all people. People, when you have a good boss, you have to mentor him and make sure he never leaves.

* Denotes my college team which is well known for its college football** prowess.

** American football. Which I love watching so much.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

My mug says "Alabama Crimson Tide"*. My boss bought it for me of all people. People, when you have a good boss, you have to mentor him and make sure he never leaves.

* Denotes my college team which is well known for its college football** prowess.

** American football. Which I love watching so much.
warspite1

Interesting.

I had no idea why the excellent film Crimson Tide was called Crimson Tide. I assumed it was something to do with death emanating from the water.

But it appears that Alabama are known as the Alabama Crimson Tide (and of course Alabama was the name of the sub in the film - GO BAMA!)

So question: What does Crimson Tide mean and why are Alabama known as this?

Thanks

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

...anyways.. in the meantime I'm popping out. Does anyone want a cup of tea before I go?

Return to “General Discussion”