Air refueling: Amount of refueling-fule in a tanker?

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

I1066

Air refueling: Amount of refueling-fule in a tanker?

Post by I1066 »

1. How much fuel does a tanker have for refueling other units?
2. Does a tankers operation radius depend on the number of units it refuels?
3. How does drop tanks factor into refueling? Are they too refueled if they are still attached?
4. How much fuel does drop tanks contain? In the stats they have their "amount" specified in minutes, but everything else related to fuel and fuel consumption is in kg.
thewood1

RE: Air refueling: Amount of refueling-fule in a tanker?

Post by thewood1 »

I think this should be either in the general comments or the war room, not tech support. Unless you think there is a problem.
I1066

Post by I1066 »

I tried to figure out where this kind of question should go, it's not very clear.
I ended up going by the description of the Tech forum which say "Post bug reports and ask for game support here.", since I think this would fit as "game support".
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Moved

Thanks!

Mike
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Hey I1066,

I don't believe there's a distinction between on-board fuel and fuel for tanking off to other aircraft. You can find the number in the bottom of the fuel status panel on the right hand side of the screen.

With the above in mind, yes, the more fuel you offload the shorter your range/station time.

I believe drop tanks are refilled. IRL they are seldom jettisoned; they cost money and there's s finite amount. It'd be interesting to hear if they are jettisoned with the new doctrine setting (actually come to think of it I think they are).

As for drop tank capacity it's listed in the name (e.g 300 US Gallon drop tank). As for how many kgs that equals, a quick bit of Google should help there. But! If you're planning to work out ranges with a spreadsheet; you'll struggle to get accurate results. There are a bunch of other things taken into account that aren't expressly mentioned in the DB viewer; drag, I believe is one example.

Hope that helps.
magi

Post by magi »

Jettisoning tanks is an option I believe on the far right of the ROE menu.... I believe.....
The real time volume of fuel is in the unit status window.... along with its duration at that point... and how many units served and how many in the que to be served.... Certainly a larger tanker can service more aircraft.....
If you set it up in support missions.... One will be going out station as as the other is on RTB..... The whole deal with refueling work so well now and is totally cool......
Dannyp19

Post by Dannyp19 »

ORIGINAL: The whole deal with refueling work so well now and is totally cool......

Agree 100%

Return to “The War Room”