Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Lowpe (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Encircled

RE: Invasion West Coast!

Post by Encircled »

I get your frustration Joc, but it does seem very un Lowpe like.

This is his thing! turning the IJN and the IJA into an irresistible force when all seem lost, and then positively loving the carnage and inevitable collapse!

He'll be fine once his other game finishes.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Actually got the turn today and I sent it back.

No time to update until Friday though. Buying a new car tomorrow and I have to empty the current one tonight so its ready tomorrow. Nothing big to report anyway. Some interesting intel on the WC though. More on that Friday.

DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

I don't care that you have a new car. I need my fix. [:D][:D][:D]
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Actually got the turn today and I sent it back.

No time to update until Friday though. Buying a new car tomorrow and I have to empty the current one tonight so its ready tomorrow. Nothing big to report anyway. Some interesting intel on the WC though. More on that Friday.

VW probably has some fuel guzzlers (formerly fuel economy vehicles) that you can get for a bargain price. Don't worry about the price of fuel - OPEC is falling apart!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Both my father in law and my brother in law have those new fangled electric jobs.

Think they can do 100 miles on the battery before the diesel engine kicks in, and they are so quiet.

I don't like them though, cos I bang my head on the roof when I sit down in them [:)]
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Wait until they find out the price to replace those batteries.
[center]Image[/center]
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

Got a Honda Accord Hybrid because it allows me to drive in the Diamond Lane with only me in the car. 30 miles , twice a day, passing all the other cars. To your point, the extend warranty expires at 80k, I'm getting a new car when this hits 79k. Good car for the job.
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Regular petrol car for us. Wife mostly uses the car for a short commute to work. My work provides me with a car which is nice. So we only need one. [:)]
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Went down to one car when we started working from home.

Family of cyclists now!
poodlebrain

Post by poodlebrain »

ORIGINAL: Encircled

Family of cyclists now!
I'm about to downsize to a single vehicle household as well. It will be the first time in over 25 years there won't be a pickup truck around. I wonder how long it will take me to regret not having one.

Looking at Subaru Forrester as the lone vehicle.
Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Family of cyclists now!
Darn cyclists... They don't buy cars, gas or spare parts. Their health is better so they don't spend as much on doctors. A scourge for the economy! [:D]
City cyclist here myself.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]West Coast[/font]

We reached 4th of February and things will soon be decided. I suspected Jeff had pulled most things out from SD. A bombardment shows I was correct. We might be able to break out here! Flying in more troops...

Ground combat at San Diego (227,78)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 49933 troops, 836 guns, 471 vehicles, Assault Value = 1644

Defending force 41142 troops, 402 guns, 230 vehicles, Assault Value = 1153

Japanese ground losses:
183 casualties reported
Squads: 4 destroyed, 16 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Allied ground losses:
48 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
37th Infantry Division
43rd Infantry Division
87th Mountain Regiment
25th Infantry Division
22nd Marine Regiment
192nd Tank Battalion
31st Infantry Regiment
140th(Sep) Infantry Rgt /1
11th Naval District
30th Field Artillery Regiment
SD Harbor Defense
Camp Pendleton Base Force
14th Marine Defense Battalion
Camp Pendleton
San Diego USN Base Force
ComAirFMFPac

Defending units:
48th/A Division
48th/B Division
14th Division
21st Division
48th/C Division
31st Air Defense AA Battalion
1st Art.Mortar Regiment
15th Ind.Art.Mortar Bn /1
15th Medium FA Rgt /1
8th Area Army
2nd Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
9th Ind.Hvy.Art. Bn /1

He will have dug in a bit but its a clear hex...going to attack here shortly when 2 more RGTs have been flown in. Should take 2-3 turns. This would open up the back door and probably mean the end of all Japanese troops on the WC.

At the same time 3000 allied AV have started flanking out from March Field. We will arrive in 9-10 turns. I think if Jeff means to pull out he needs to start doing so NOW. It will be risky without LBA and there will be losses but I think he could probably pull something out if he tried.

Attachments
Invasion40.jpg
Invasion40.jpg (280.32 KiB) Viewed 157 times
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]Canada[/font]

Guess you weren´t expecting something here? [;)]

Allies have a very potent air force on the WC. Pools are in excellent shape...so I might as well turn up the pressure on the Japanese air force even more. It worked. [:)]

Here are some example sweeps. There were loads more. Predicted losses are about 50-60 Japanese for 20 or so Allied.
Morning Air attack on Coal Harbour , at 204,49

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid detected at 25 NM, estimated altitude 33,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 9 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 45
Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 34
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 20

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 17

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 2 destroyed
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 1 destroyed

Raid detected at 47 NM, estimated altitude 35,580 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 38
Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 21
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 17

Allied aircraft
P-40K Warhawk x 25

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 3 destroyed
Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 3 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40K Warhawk: 2 destroyed

Raid detected at 38 NM, estimated altitude 35,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 19
Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 10
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 13

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 17

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 1 destroyed
Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 1 destroyed
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 4 destroyed

No Allied losses
Afternoon Air attack on Coal Harbour , at 204,49

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid detected at 20 NM, estimated altitude 35,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 9
Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 23
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 9

Allied aircraft
P-38G Lightning x 25

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 3 destroyed
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 1 destroyed

No Allied losses

In addition we also torched a few Tojos on the airfield at Santa Ana. Another bad day for the IJAAF.

Attachments
Canada6.jpg
Canada6.jpg (363.02 KiB) Viewed 157 times
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]SOPAC[/font]

The Japanese commitment on the WC means SOPAC is mop up rather than combat. Kokoda was just cleared (only gotten the replay) with heavy Japanese losses and the Allies landed on Milne. Once Milne is cleared the fleet will cover the reinforcements coming moving for NG. After that they will set sail for other adventures. From here on I can move under LBA all the way to Mindanao.

Landings will happen shortly at Horn, Meruake, Terapo, Rossel, Lunga and Tulagi. My main problem right now is that I need to wait for the BFs to catch up with the invasions. PM is a nice level 6 AF but the rest of the area is completely undeveloped. Sizable forces are already prepping for Rabaul but I cannot land there until I have an AF close enough for a solid LBA CAP. I don´t expect that to happen in at least 4-6 months.

I´m still about 18 months ahead of schedule so this really isn´t an issue. [:)]

Attachments
SOPAC39.jpg
SOPAC39.jpg (474.27 KiB) Viewed 157 times
paullus99

Post by paullus99 »

Pretty much his entire strategic reserve of divisions are still sitting on the West Coast.

He'll need most, if not all, of his shipping to pull them back again...which means the entire KB will be needed to cover them. That will take weeks, if not longer, plus the fuel usage, then figuring out where everything needs to go - which will take weeks longer.

If you can continue to dent his perimeter (such as it is), then he'll be forced to pull back all the way to the inner perimeter, with perhaps some speed bumps put in place in the Marianas....
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: paullus99

Pretty much his entire strategic reserve of divisions are still sitting on the West Coast.

He'll need most, if not all, of his shipping to pull them back again...which means the entire KB will be needed to cover them. That will take weeks, if not longer, plus the fuel usage, then figuring out where everything needs to go - which will take weeks longer.

If you can continue to dent his perimeter (such as it is), then he'll be forced to pull back all the way to the inner perimeter, with perhaps some speed bumps put in place in the Marianas....

Yepp, I think he has like 3-5 divisions outside the WC in total. All of them in Burma.

Its not Japanese troops holding me back right now. Its base expansion...since Jeff didn´t expand anything pretty much anywhere besides Rabaul I have to build up bases from scratch like the Andamans and Solomans. This slows me down. I could of course ignore it but I don´t feel its necessary to risk more CVs right now. Especially since I´m already way ahead of schedule.

Only 2 months to Hellcats and 4 months to Essex...
poodlebrain

Post by poodlebrain »

ORIGINAL: paullus99

Once the Japanese get their troops where they want them they still have the issue of recovering from losses. His ships will need some time in port. His air units will need take on replacements and train up the new pilots. Bottom line is that the Allies have a huge window of opportunity to strike at the Japanese while the Japanese are off balance. In this game there is no reason why the Allies should not have bases within the Southern Resource Area by the end of 1943. There are many potential targets that the Allies can get there faster and with more.
Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

hi JocMeister,

Given that you don't own Pearl, & that US West Coast ports have been a bit (ahem!) interdicted of late, I'd like to know how you're sending supply/fuel in support of your ops in the Port Blair & Solomons theatres.

What are your supply/fuel stocks at Cape Town?
What shipping do you have on the USA EC / Cape Town route?
Are you using Strat Move to send LCUs & Airgroups between off-map ports?
Are you able to send new ships from the USA WC to Panama, do you have a back-log of ships that can't leave port?
What is your plan to bring new ship construction into play?
A large # of USN ships are able to upgrade to APA/AKA in '43 - are these ships safe, & able to disband in a suitable port?
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: poodlebrain

Family of cyclists now!
I'm about to downsize to a single vehicle household as well. It will be the first time in over 25 years there won't be a pickup truck around. I wonder how long it will take me to regret not having one.

Looking at Subaru Forrester as the lone vehicle.

We have a Forrester. Had it since 2000. Amazingly reliable vehicle. It is my wife's and she used it for her dog training business and beats the hell out of it. Only problem is that is remarkably uncomfortable on my 6 foot, three frame. Just the worst car to drive. My understanding is the recent models are much more comfortable. Crap! She plans on keeping it until the end of the decade....[:@]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: poodlebrain
Once the Japanese get their troops where they want them they still have the issue of recovering from losses. His ships will need some time in port. His air units will need take on replacements and train up the new pilots. Bottom line is that the Allies have a huge window of opportunity to strike at the Japanese while the Japanese are off balance. In this game there is no reason why the Allies should not have bases within the Southern Resource Area by the end of 1943. There are many potential targets that the Allies can get there faster and with more.

I have yet to set a timetable for the rest of 43. First I need to decide where I want to go... [:)]

Return to “After Action Reports”