Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

savelius2

RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ

Post by savelius2 »

This Indian adventure is very interesting. I'm very interested to see how it goes. Hitting India always seemed a tough one because of the ease of allied logistics, but your rate of blitzing it is impressive. I hope it pays off for you.
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: savelius2

This Indian adventure is very interesting. I'm very interested to see how it goes. Hitting India always seemed a tough one because of the ease of allied logistics, but your rate of blitzing it is impressive. I hope it pays off for you.

Thanks you savelius2 for your feedback. I have had plenty of practice over the years so hopefully I am getting better at this [:)]
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Update Feb 42- All the action is in India.

Assaults are now underway on Calcutta and Ceylon, though I fear Calcutta will be trashed once it is captured.

The most disturbing development is somehow Jeff has managed to get some Aussie units into India right under my blockade. No doubt when KB was refuelling near Bombay he slipped them in. Nerves of steel from Jeff and I salute him for it.

Attachments
Aussies.gif
Aussies.gif (484.78 KiB) Viewed 133 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Calcutta- not achieving the decisive results in assaults so far (only 2:1) which makes me fear for the industry once it falls. History has tended to show me that if I achieve around 5:1 I capture the bulk of the facilities/ infrastructure intact and of course no shock attacks.

Advancing up the centre of India and forcing him to choose between Bombay and Calcutta has worked well.

Attachments
Calcutta.gif
Calcutta.gif (449.63 KiB) Viewed 133 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Taking time but slowly cutting off Bombay from the rest of the world. Likely to be the next target.

Allies are surging light armoured units onto key rail lines which has caused some delays and problems.

Attachments
isolatingbombay.gif
isolatingbombay.gif (434.39 KiB) Viewed 133 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Blockade of Karachi

Just hiding out of detection range. Have finally got tankers here now so the logistic problems with fuel are solved- at least in the short term.

Attachments
SiegeKarachi.gif
SiegeKarachi.gif (357.36 KiB) Viewed 133 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Ceylon- final assault of Ceylon has commenced. I really need that ship yard!

Attachments
Ceylonassault.gif
Ceylonassault.gif (300.07 KiB) Viewed 133 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Int screen Feb 42.

So overall captured a fair whack of territory and secured modest levels of fuel and supplies from the Commonwealth.

Allied air losses are low and shipping losses are predominately AKs and AKLs so nothing critical there (3 X Allied BBs confirmed sunk thus far and 1 x CA)

Ground losses: again probably where I am having the most success against Commonwealth forces. Excluding the forces trapped at Singapore, 5 x Indian Brigades have been destroyed either in India proper or Ceylon. Numerous infantry battalions have also been destroyed. Unfortunately all of his Indian divisions have slipped away except for the one trapped in Burma. His ground losses should rise quite dramtically by the end of Feb. [;)]

Attachments
Intscreen.gif
Intscreen.gif (344.9 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Don't be worried about the Aussies, I think there are some that start the game in Karachi.

Do you know what unit they are?
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Don't be worried about the Aussies, I think there are some that start the game in Karachi.

Do you know what unit they are?

Hi Lowpe, I have no idea. I saw their colour unit marker adjacent to one of my inf regiments and then it disappeared. I have no idea where it went. It would be fascinating to know what he has in India at the moment aside from the starting units- at least the 18th? British Div, at least one Aust brigade and perhaps some US units????. The blockade is well and truly in place now [:)]
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Well at least one part of the plan is working well, the trashing of commonwealth army units. There are more trapped Indian and British units outside Singapore (Ceylon, Calcutta, Burma) then in, and now just waiting to be harvested. I suspect with their low replacements rates, I can inflict severe damage to the Indian/ British Army and hopefully not have to worry about them until 43. Mop up China and then head into the real fight- the hated Soviets.

Fall of one of the Ceylon positions. [:D]

Attachments
ceylon.gif
ceylon.gif (347.27 KiB) Viewed 133 times
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

The CW troops (Brit, Aussie, Indian) have a shortage of most artillery and some AA devices as replacements. So, the more you destroy the less punch they will have once they get rebuilt. Since I mostly play the Allies, you really need to micro-manage who gets these devices and which LCUs to upgrade. Its difficult to rebuild the two Indian divisions destroyed in Malaya when it come to these devices (usually can get the infantry and engineers to fill out).
[center]Image[/center]
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

The CW troops (Brit, Aussie, Indian) have a shortage of most artillery and some AA devices as replacements. So, the more you destroy the less punch they will have once they get rebuilt. Since I mostly play the Allies, you really need to micro-manage who gets these devices and which LCUs to upgrade. Its difficult to rebuild the two Indian divisions destroyed in Malaya when it come to these devices (usually can get the infantry and engineers to fill out).

Thanks NY, good advice there and I will continue to track the damage being inflicted on the Commonwealth troops. Thus far I have identified a total of 9 Indian brigades or equivalent that have been eliminated or rendered combat ineffective outside of Malaysia/Singapore and Burma. I suspect rebuilding these units and support elements should hopefully be very difficult.[:)]
njp72

Post by njp72 »

March 42

Game still progressing at a good pace despite work, home and the continuing 2nd game that Jeff is involved in- (the tenacious and resilient Lowpe just won't lie down [:D]

At the moment, despite multiple skirmishes across the map especially around the PIs and the central Pacific, the main game is India.

The 6th Aussie did somehow make it into India right under my guard (and KBs) and has now combined with the other half decent Allied div (Brit 18th) to launch a small counter attack around Bombay. Sensing an opportunity, I grabbed a reserve inf div and dropped it around his flank to cut off the route between Karachi and Bombay.

I sense an opportunity to cross the LOD and push on for Karachi here which should make for a pretty nail biting, exciting game. [:)]

Attachments
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (348.54 KiB) Viewed 133 times
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: njp72

I sense an opportunity to cross the LOD and push on for Karachi here which should make for a pretty nail biting, exciting game. [:)]

BANZAI!!!!

[&o][&o][&o]
Pax
Bif1961

Post by Bif1961 »

Looks like a good time to catch some fish in the net as it closes.
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: Bif1961

Looks like a good time to catch some fish in the net as it closes.

Well I am trying but it is a bit harder than what I initially envisaged. Remnants of 3 Indian Brigades and survivors from Burma are running around Calcutta and are being difficult to nail down.

The real question is Bombay. 60K of Allied troops including the 18th Brit and 6th Aussie versus very shortly 6 likely to be 7 IJA veteran divisions. The question is; can I win this set piece battle in a reasonable timeframe without crippling losses and knowing that Singapore remains unconquered. [8|]

At this stage I am ruling out a move straight to Karachi with another 50K of troops there as well. The emergency reinforcements look very ugly (and yes they have to get there first) and Jeff has been very effective in running blockade runners through to Karachi. Last turn KB took a small bite out of them but there is also 150 Allied fighters stationed there so I took some nasty hits as well.

If I review my initial concept of ops it was to cripple Indian/ British forces in India for at least 12 months (partially completed) and capture sufficient industry to support my Soviet adventure (again partial success as Calcutta was largely destroyed).

I will stick to the original plan and assess if Bombay can be taken.

adsoul64

Post by adsoul64 »

Very interesting AAR, better still if coupled with tiemanj's one. Signed.
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: adsoul64

Very interesting AAR, better still if coupled with tiemanj's one. Signed.
Thanks adsoul, glad you are enjoying it [:)]
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Critical Battlefield- India

Before I can move on Bombay I need to embark on some enabling operations to ensure the flanks are fully secured. I do not want to have any surprises emerging out of Karachi at an inopportune time.

The naval blockade of Karachi is finally fully in place and sustainable.

Attachments
India.gif
India.gif (479 KiB) Viewed 133 times

Return to “After Action Reports”