Named Divisions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

stefankollers

Named Divisions

Post by stefankollers »

Hi still messing about with the editor. As I'm doing a "what if scenario" I was thinking of having some "Named German Divisions" I wondering if this would mess the AI up being a mixture of named and numbered. I wasn't thinking of changing any of the SS Formations. Thanks for reading.[:'(]
RedLancer

RE: Named Divisions

Post by RedLancer »

It will upset the AI.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
stefankollers

Post by stefankollers »

Wouldn't want to upset the AI. Will stick to numbers, thanks again.
Aditia

Post by Aditia »

That being said, having the SS divisions named really augments immersion for me. Doubt I am the only one.
Naughteous Maximus

Post by Naughteous Maximus »

I have all my SS divisions named and numbered. Makes it feel a lot more historical. [:D]
morvael

Post by morvael »

Certain things may not work if divisions are renamed from their original names.
stefankollers

Post by stefankollers »

I was just thinking of using names in my own scenario. Completely new Divisions instead of numbering the formation 830th Infantry Division, giving it a name instead. Although as far as I know the only "Army formation" with a name was the Grossdeutchland. Could call them after towns like Memel, or after famous German Generals like Blucher. I didn't intend renaming those already with a name, just an idea I had, but if it messes the AI up as already stated I will leave well alone.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”