Naval experience

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jwolf

Naval experience

Post by jwolf »

Do naval crews have separate ratings for different types of actions? All I know about is day or night experience. Does this XP level count only for surface battles or for other things as well, such as ASW?
Bullwinkle58

RE: Naval experience

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: jwolf

Do naval crews have separate ratings for different types of actions? All I know about is day or night experience. Does this XP level count only for surface battles or for other things as well, such as ASW?

So far as I know it's only a day/night thing.

There are date-driven effects on ASW and I believe gunnery in the late war though. ASW is described in 6.4.4.1. I'm not sure where the gunnery bump is described. Might be in a dev post here somewhere.
The Moose
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Let's see.

You can have a naval gunnery action, ASW action, AA gunnery action, firefighting action and at-sea repair action. That's all crew actions I can think of. I guess these are governed by crew day/night experience.

TF engagement/evasion seems to be more of TF leader/ship leader action.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Let's see.

You can have a naval gunnery action, ASW action, AA gunnery action, firefighting action and at-sea repair action. That's all crew actions I can think of. I guess these are governed by crew day/night experience.

TF engagement/evasion seems to be more of TF leader/ship leader action.
Just as subs can do "recon by periscope", I think surface ships can do "recon by rangefinder", and I would expect crew experience affects the chances of increasing the DL by being in the enemy coastal hex.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”