Anyone play this

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

bazjak

Anyone play this

Post by bazjak »

The lack of any activity on this thread should indicate to the developers that there is not a lot of interest in this game
Perhaps if there was a decent tutorial there might be more interest
I know i keep going on about a decent tutorial other than the the one that included that doesn't show how to play but that is i think the problem that is holding back this game
Sorry to be a pain and i know i will probely get hammered but thats me
I want to like this but cant
Yogi the Great

RE: Anyone play this

Post by Yogi the Great »

I love the game, best and innovative game engine. Like all games need some tweaking for future improvement. Most disappointing is no progress on new planned releases that have such great promise. This could/should be the best American civil war game series there is.

Edit added: Reference the no forum action, true but if you really look around the forum at some very good games it is not uncommon to see little forum action 6 months to a year after a game is released unless there have been updates or new games in a the series added. This is one of the reasons there is no activity here.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i'm still playing it, then again i was on the beta and really enjoyed it, don't think it got the love it deserves, but there's plenty of good games about, and it's not always easy to make room or find a place for a new or different one all the time, imo it's worth the effort, but many seem not to agree, shame as it's worth the effort to learn to play, takes times to get really good, but well worth the effort
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
AlessandroD

Post by AlessandroD »

I only play against human opponents and there are issues playing PBEM, therefore I dropped the game.

Another thing is the graphic, very outdated for today wargame standards (there is onle a single level of zoom where the resolution is good).

Anyhow I agree with Yogi, the game is great and has a very good combat system, Gettysburg should be a blast to play.

Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Great system with so much potential. I agree that Gettysburg would be a blast with it, but sadly it looks many years away. I hope it won't be too much longer before we get an update on progress of the next BAB release as I would love to have a new battle to resume playing multiplayer.

In the meantime its good to see that Gettysburg addicts have another new game to anticipate with Gettysburg: The Tide Turns, soon to start its beta testing.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

yes signed up and look forward to it if selected also
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Im still playing and enjoying it [:D]
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Vasquez

Post by Vasquez »

Still playing as well. I wonder if we will see additional battles/campaigns?

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”