Attention Wargamers! This post is for you!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Daniele

Attention Wargamers! This post is for you!

Post by Daniele »

This is a first (and experimental) post to see if we can spark some positive discussion about topics related to wargames and to help us better understand your views and opinions about stuff we care about. So here you go.

Most of the time, wargames depict conflicts with surgical precision and analytical rigor. Nevertheless, they tend to focus only on the military (or close related) aspects. That’s pretty self-evident, of course, as wargames are about war, after all. But we shall not forget the all conflicts are not a mere confrontation of brute force. Also, the more a conflict is controversial, the more it is difficult to show it exclusively from the military perspective.

READ THE ENTIRE POST HERE
rsallen64

RE: Attention Wargamers! This post is for you!

Post by rsallen64 »

Back in my boardgames days (in the 70's and 80's), when I played solo because there was no one else to war-game with, I would have dearly loved to have a game that combined diplomacy and moral decisions to make it as true to life as possible. Now that computers are as advanced as they are, I see no reason not to have games that cover all aspects. Some people will prefer the straight tactical/operational aspects without having to worry about diplomacy, etc., but I suspect a lot of warmers would love to have a game that comprises all the decisions that real commanders have to contend with when running a campaign or a war. I am pleased to see that some designers are moving in this direction.
Desert War 1940-1942 Beta Tester
Agressors: Ancient Rome Beta Tester
Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm Beta Tester

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”