NEW PATCH

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Icier

NEW PATCH

Post by Icier »

I have heard rumors that a new patch (1.09.01) is due soon. Is this correct as I am about to start a new game soon.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
morvael

RE: NEW PATCH

Post by morvael »

There are still some things to code, and Denniss is always working on more scenario/data improvements. I don't have a date for the patch.
Icier

Post by Icier »

Any Hints?

Go on...give us something, so that we can all get excited about it
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: morvael

There are still some things to code, and Denniss is always working on more scenario/data improvements. I don't have a date for the patch.

Fixing Bozos fuel exploit should be part of it as its easy to fix.

fix in tech area.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

Why do people insist on making Devs (from any company) give answers that are universally displeasing to questions that require the prediction of the future... (sorry, rant...)

That most pertinent question, I would counter, is not WHEN will a new patch be released, but whether the new patch will have sufficient changes that a restart is the best way to experience their implementation... That again is a somewhat subjective question, and also requires predicting unknown outcomes of the law of unintended consequences in ways that are bound to displease... but I'm ranting again.

It has been my experience that only the major iterations (.08, .07, .06) were likely to require a full game restart. There have been quite a few 'exciting' unexpected outcomes in the aforemention law of unintended consequences along the way...

I remain grateful to a tiny dev team that has done more than I had any right to expect when I started out with this game in 2011... or was it late 2010? Anyway, a LONG time.
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

I second that, thanks to the dev team for the improvements!

Randy
:)
Icier

Post by Icier »

ORIGINAL: heliodorus04

It has been my experience that only the major iterations (.08, .07, .06) were likely to require a full game restart.

Obviously, you were not one of the unlucky ones playing 1.08.09, whose units could receive more replacements than asked for & resource problem where it was all used & dispatched to units.

Now if you check my first posting, you will note that I intended to start new game soon & if I say,
started this week & then a new patch was posted next week that required restarting a new game, it would be a waste of everyone 's time..as what happened to a few using 1.08.09.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

What is time frame on next patch
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”