Even the kickstarter board game version has no new updates.

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
kirk23

Even the kickstarter board game version has no new updates.

Post by kirk23 »

What is happening with this game,there have been no updates, regarding improvements neither here,or over at the games kickstarter site,it looks like everyone has been beamed up![&:]

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/63 ... y-napoleon
Make it so!
Uncle_Joe

RE: Even the kickstarter board game version has no new updates.

Post by Uncle_Joe »

There was an update to the KS on 7/20 but it looks like the board game is going to be going a different direction than the PC game (whole new mechanics from what I read). I'm not sure what that means for the PC game (retrofitted to the new mechanics or abandoned) but there certainly hasn't been any communication in two months for this title.

I find that to be pretty disappointing since the game is close, but just misses the mark. A bit of love and attention and this could be an outstanding title. But as it is, it's 'played out' in the first few games due to the poor scoring conditions and a few lingering mechanics that hold the game back.
FF_1079

Post by FF_1079 »

I bought the game based on the excellent set of youtube videos that covered all the initial aspects of the game. As Uncle Joe mentioned, winning the game two to three times ends the replay experience, there is not enough depth or variability for the AI to really beat Napoleon and France if they are well played. I wonder how the initial sales were? The fact is that the title might have underperformed sales wise, and that will pretty much have a negative impact on future development.
Fondly remembers SSI's "Clash of Steel"
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have uninstalled this game I'm out off here they can stick it where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Make it so!
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Won't buy this game
stolypin

Post by stolypin »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Won't buy this game

I'm buying it soon.
Matto

Post by Matto »

I have it and love it, good strategic game [8D]
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

If the game designers, ever see this, I have created a Naval Combat system, that reflects naval combat during the Napoleonic wars, more accurately than is currently available to the game. I have play tested the below system, to a new board game, I made for my own use! ( Any gamer's who are interested in Naval board games, I give you a ready made set of combat rules that work enjoy )

Napoleon Victory & Glory Naval Combat

Sequence of action.

1 = Each side rolls 1 d6, to see who gets the wind gauge, the player that gets, the highest die roll attacks first!

Weather gauge optional rule:

The player can choose to disengage,instead of attacking,since he has the weather gauge,he alone is in a position to dictate,when and if battle actually occurs! If he is the weaker force, the logical course of action would be to leave the battle area, with the knowledge that your stronger opponent, is powerless to attempt any pursuit.

2 = Each ship then rolls 1 die, in turn, to see if they can damage their target, a die roll of 1,2,or 3 = miss. A die roll of 4,5 or 6 = Hit.
(If this is the first hit, the target ship has sustained, then place a Light Damage marker, on the ship, to show that it has been damaged.)

3 = If the same ship is targeted a second time, by another ship, and it receives another hit, then remove the Light Damage marker, and replace it, with a Medium damage marker!
( Damage is cumulative )

4 = At the end of each round of combat, after all ships have attacked, the player may attempt to repair any damage sustained, by rolling 1 d6 per level of ship quality, for each of the damaged ships.
A roll of 6 is required to remove 1 step of damage. ( NB: Each ship can only remove 1 step of damage, regardless of the number of 6s rolled )

SHIP QUALITY LEVELS:

British = Level 4 ships.

France = Level 3 ships.

Russia & Turkey = Level 2 ships.

Cumulative damage table.

1 hit = Light Damage ( If this is the only damage, a ship sustains during a battle, after the battle is over, the ship then returns, to the nearest friendly port for repairs.
(It takes 2 turns or Months to repair Light Damage in port.)

2 hits = Medium Damage ( After the battle is over, the ship returns, to the nearest friendly port for repairs.
(It takes 3 turns or Months to repair Medium Damage in port.)

3 hits = Heavy Damage ( After the battle is over, the ship returns, to the nearest friendly port for repairs.
(It takes 4 turns or Months to repair Heavy Damage in port.)

4 hits = Critical Hit ( If a ship receives 4 hits, during the course, of any round of battle, the player then immediately rolls 1 d6, to see what level of damage is inflicted on the ship:

CRITICAL HIT RE-ROLL

A roll of 1,2,or 3 then the ship is Disabled, and it cannot attack for the remainder of the battle.
(If a player decides to retreat at the end of the battle, all ships that are in a disabled state, are captured by the enemy.)

A roll of 4 or 5 = Ship is immediately CAPTURED! ( Strikes its colours and surrenders )

A roll of 6 = Ship is SUNK!
Make it so!

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”