Further Development

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
Rasputitsa

Further Development

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Rush

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

See post # 7 of this thread :

tm.asp?m=3089813

The Napoleonic game, called Campaigns on the Elbe (1806 and both 1813), is also done and awaiting playtesting but that won't start until the WW2 game (edit - PFE) wraps up. Matrix/Slitherine feels its best to do one after the other.

If this information is still relevant and the 'Elbe' game is awaiting play testing, I am sure that there are people on this forum who could help. [:)]

How I so wish this was true.
I would give anything for a continuation of the "Campaigns on the Danube"series.
Imagine a full game incorporating all the Campaigns of the period [:'(] [:)]

I`m sure as has been mentioned that many here would contribute as would be required .

The 'WW2 game' (Piercing Fortress Europa) has been issued and since updated, leaving both games (PFE and CotD), in a good playable condition, as I am attempting to demonstrate in the CotD AAR. Both games may still have some development and wrinkles to iron out, but these games would benefit greatly from expansion into additional campaigns. The scenario files of both games contain teasers, CotD has '1805' listed, PFE has slots for 'Tunisia', 'France 1943', 'France 1944' and 'Invasion'. Are these just names, or do actual expansions exist, even if in incomplete form, either way the developers should confirm the status of these games to put us out of our misery.

With Chemkid's graphic mods both games are a joy to play, with visual appeal as well as a good game system.

I am a WEGO fan and believe that these titles have been the best in class and it would be a tragedy to let them fade away without further development.

Someone at least tell us 'yes' or 'no' !

[:)]

Note: copied this to the 'Support' section to see if there is an answer.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
chemkid

RE: Further Development

Post by chemkid »

altipueri

Post by altipueri »

+1 +1

This seems like a flawed genius game designer playing with people by showing how clever he is and could be, but leaving half completed masterpieces around with people (= customers) hanging in anticipation.

CotD could have other campaigns; it could have a simple random scenario generator or editor for beginners to try out.

CotD is one of the few games that give that commander/delayed orders/where is the enemy? feel.

Actually, there was a sort of genius game designer who did "Balance of Power" in about 1985 or so. Brilliance but with an arrogance to customers - because we are too dim.

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: altipueri

+1 +1

This seems like a flawed genius game designer playing with people by showing how clever he is and could be, but leaving half completed masterpieces around with people (= customers) hanging in anticipation.

CotD could have other campaigns; it could have a simple random scenario generator or editor for beginners to try out.

CotD is one of the few games that give that commander/delayed orders/where is the enemy? feel.

Actually, there was a sort of genius game designer who did "Balance of Power" in about 1985 or so. Brilliance but with an arrogance to customers - because we are too dim.

Frank Hunter has been creating very good games for a long time and can hardly be characterised as toying with the customers.

'Piercing Fortress Europe' and 'Campaigns on the Danube' have both been updated several times since release, in response to player comments, and are in a good state, certainly not half completed.

The proposal is that these games have great potential to be expanded and that the game files show that Frank may have plans to provide additional scenarios, or campaigns.

What we don't know is whether there have been personal problems, conflicting priorities, or is the developer (Matrix) prepared to sponsor further work, etc..

I suspect the reality is a mixture of all these things, added to the assessment of how popular these games will be. I find both games intensely enjoyable and very realistic, with a simple, but challenging WEGO game system, but what do other players think. I fear that many players do not realise the depths hidden in these apparently simple games, which is why I have gone into so much detail in the AARs that I have been running, hoping to show what is possible.

I would be very grateful for any expansion of 'Campaigns on the Danube', but realise that this is a commercial business and development decisions are based on customer interest.

I would like to know what the prospects are, noting the comment in the post #1 extract above, that 'Campaigns on the Elbe' was awaiting play-testing and that there are people on this forum who would be eager to help.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Recognition

Post by Recognition »

A big thumbs up Rasputitsa.
Very well put.
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

There is a problem with the PBEM game, so when saying the game is in good state I am referring to the play against the AI, but PBEM is a very important aspect of total game appeal and 76mm's comments have not been answered.

tm.asp?m=4002268

I hope someone from Matrix can update us on progress.

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i am still waiting for Campaigns on the Elbe - Frank mentioned this to me in an email a few years back, it is a shame it is still not released yet
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

i am still waiting for Campaigns on the Elbe - Frank mentioned this to me in an email a few years back, it is a shame it is still not released yet

Quote:

'The Napoleonic game, called Campaigns on the Elbe (1806 and both 1813), is also done and awaiting playtesting but that won't start until the WW2 game wraps up. Matrix/Slitherine feels its best to do one after the other.'

If Frank really said this - that Campaigns on the Elbe is also done and awaiting playtesting - then there are people here who can help.

The WW2 game has been wrapped up, so obviously the hope is that 'Elbe' is next, but if that is not the case, it would be nice to know what's happening even if the news is not good.[:)]

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Bump !

Can anyone from Matrix give us information on developments, even if the answer is not good.

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Hi guys, i myself am still curious to know what is up with the Elbe game, certainly it sounded not far off when Frank told me about it a while back (a few years even as time the goes) i have done really all that i think i can do now, and that is to just open a support ticket and ask if the guys behind the scenes know anything more -either on the game or Frank Hunter himself (hopefully he is still alive and well)
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Hi guys, i myself am still curious to know what is up with the Elbe game, certainly it sounded not far off when Frank told me about it a while back (a few years even as time the goes) i have done really all that i think i can do now, and that is to just open a support ticket and ask if the guys behind the scenes know anything more -either on the game or Frank Hunter himself (hopefully he is still alive and well)

Thank you very much, I hope this will resolve the issue, as all we are asking is for a status report, even if the answer is negative Alternatively if there is a game to be play tested, I am sure that there are people here who can help. [8D]

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

AFAIK 'Campaigns on the Danube' is in a good state, except for the disappearing unit icons in PBEM, which I hope could be resolved with further development of the series (hoping that it will become a series). [:)]

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

here is the response from matrix

"Thank you for contacting us. We can only tell that Frank is indeed working on a couple of projects including a sequel to the Napoleonic game but we have no estimate on when it is going to be done."

so pretty much, things are happening but we dont seem to have any access to info on what exactly is happening and where frank is at with it all

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

here is the response from matrix

"Thank you for contacting us. We can only tell that Frank is indeed working on a couple of projects including a sequel to the Napoleonic game but we have no estimate on when it is going to be done."

so pretty much, things are happening but we dont seem to have any access to info on what exactly is happening and where frank is at with it all

Thank you for the update, at least the possible sequels are not completely dead, so there is still hope. [:)]

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube Support”