You know you are obsessed with WITP-AE when...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

rustysi

RE: You know you are obsessed with WITP-AE when...

Post by rustysi »

had an NRA sticker right next to the Grateful Dead sticker

Isn't that an oxymoron?[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

You know you are obsessed with WITP-AE when...

Upon receiving your new car tags which start with the letters AKE you decide that it is best to ban smoking in said vehicle.
ORIGINAL: wdolson
When I first saw this, I thought, I've seen Washington plates in the AKE range in the last year or so. They issued new plates for my old car a couple of years ago and I was wondering if they were AKE plates, but they were AAY. I know my new car has BAK plates. After all this pondering I noticed you were in Olympia.[:)]

Bill

The plates are actually older than that (and the car even older).

Am I to guess that you are in Clark County?
ORIGINAL: wdolson
Yup. I lived in the Seattle area for 16 years, but my SO grew up in Portland and wanted to come back here, but she's licensed in Washington (both attorney and Psychologist) so it makes more sense to live in Clark County. She makes noises about moving to Hood River, but I ask her how is she going to make a living there. The population there is small enough being an attorney is often a part time job.

My old car is a 1992 Buick I bought new. The state has replaced the plates a couple of times over the years. My original plates were EIG with only six characters, I forget the second set, and the most recent are AAY. I finally got a new car this year and I'll be selling the Buick. I had that car so long my friends thought I was going to be buried in it.

Bill
Mine is a '97 Outback whose engine was rebuilt a couple of years ago, so I plan to keep it as long as I can. Luckily I have an excellent mechanic who is a Subaru wizard, thus my hopes are to get at least another decade out of this car.

I am happy with Olympia - it is a nice smaller city with just enough going on and I fit in quite well. Yes, that means that I am an aging hippie type... but one who has a degree in colonial and maritime history that I never put to use professionally. My interest in military history and wargames separates me from the normal Olympia hippie... (my first Subaru wagon back in the 80s had an NRA sticker right next to the Grateful Dead sticker on the rear window).

However, my best friend from high school (back in Virginia) and his wife are talking about retiring to Clark County so I am trying to pay it a little more attention...

My SO has a 96 Outback. She got a new Impreza a couple of years ago and gave the Outback to her ex who lives up the Gorge (though she still owns it). It's a tough car.

I like living here, it's rural enough for deer to be a garden pest, but it's close enough to Portland we can go into town and do big city type things when we want to.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I'm sticking with Bend as the place I'd like to be. Portlanders have to wear rain ponchos all the time and that goes all the way up to Seattle and Vancouver. None of that for me. The times I've been there the high desert is just fascinating to me, I'd much rather scoot around the desert looking at everything than look for seafood corpses on a beach.

I don't own a rain poncho. The funny thing is nobody west of the Cascades owns an umbrella unless someone gives them one. The summers throughout the NW are dry. This is one of the wettest summers on record and we've had about 1/2 inch. It's been in the 90s and dry this week, very much like Los Angeles this time of year.

But the west of the Cascades isn't for everyone. My SO's ex was on anti-depressants when he lived in Portland, but he quite entirely when he moved east of the mountains. He lives just north of Hood River, OR.
When Lewis and Clark reached the Pacific up there the local tribe there had to keep them from starving to death. I don't remember who they were, not the Sho-sho-ne of course.

There are a lot of stories about Lewis and Clark in this area. They camped where the local marina is now. The Chinook tribe was along the Columbia where Portland and Vancouver, WA are now. It was probably them who helped them survive the winter.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
had an NRA sticker right next to the Grateful Dead sticker

Isn't that an oxymoron?[:D]

I figured that it probably scared any cop who saw it. "Oh my god, armed hippies!"
fair winds,
Brad

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”