[Fixed]Changing the In-Game Resolution.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Bashkire

[Fixed]Changing the In-Game Resolution.

Post by Bashkire »

Hello all,

When I load up command, everything is nice and fine. The text is small and everything is scaled correctly to my screen size (1920 x 1080), but as soon as I load up a scenario the resolution changes and everything gets that little bit more blury.

It wouldn't be too bad, but when I go into some menus the links I want to click change between big and blury to small and sharp when I mouse over them and it then selects the wrong option (because everything moves around to fill the space just made).

Does anyone know how to change the resolution? Am I being blind and it's in a completely obvious place?
maeschba

RE: Changing the In-Game Resolution.

Post by maeschba »

Same here. My display resolution is 2736 x 1824 and size of text etc. set to 200% to be able to clearly see and read the text, icons, etc of the OS and other software.

The font size switching after loading a scenario is a bit annoying since it changes the UI for the worse. The black top-border becomes partially chopped for example.

As far as I understand, DPI scaling is a problem here, but I hope these problems will be solved soon. A general fix would be appreciated. Display resolutions like mine won't go away. It is like when Apple introduced the retina displays to the iPad. A lot of adaptations to make to support these huge displays (if not handled by the OS).

There is no menu option beside 'Game Options' 'DPI scaling method', which doesn't seem to do anything useful. Correct me if I'm wrong since my play time with Command consisted with playing with the UI up now.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

What version of the sim are you using? Version 1.11 SR4?

Thanks!

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

And what video card do you have?

maeschba

Post by maeschba »

I'm using ver. 1.11 SR4. The graphics card is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 515 in a Surface Pro 4 (the m3 version).
maeschba

Post by maeschba »

I thought this to be the perfect game for this tablet/laptop [;)]
Bashkire

Post by Bashkire »

Apologies for a late reply. Honestly, I thought that this thread had been killed and buried under all the other topics.

I'm using Command Version 1.11, SR4, build 839.7. My video card is an Nvidia GTX 970M.

As above, the DPI Scaling option does nothing to help me.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Hmmm is the 'switch' taking place in v1.11 SR4? It really shouldn't anymore.

Thanks!

Bashkire

Post by Bashkire »

Yes, the change happens in v1.11 SR4 and has happened consistently for a long time now. It was present ever since I bought the game (around 2 years ago) and has happened even after each and every patch.
Bashkire

Post by Bashkire »

Apologies to necro a thread, but I don't suppose a solution has been found yet, has there?
Bashkire

Post by Bashkire »

Again with the necro, I just wanted to close the thread saying that with the latest update the resolution change seems to have been solved.
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

What are your settings? Resolution/DPI that is. I would like to try them since some are having display problems with the new WIN 10 anniversary update. Funny name for an update, BTW

Thanks.
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Bashkire

Post by Bashkire »

If you mean cases where tabs seem to overlap then I'm having the same trouble. If you're saying that your issues started after the Windows update, and my initial problem was fixed around the same time then it makes sense that it was the Windows update that fixed my resolution problem.

To confirm: are you having the same problem now that I'm having in the two pictures I've linked below (also, sorry you have to copy and paste the URLs, the forum isn't letting me post links until after my tenth post)?
imgur DOT com/5SUpTF4
imgur DOT com/iNZzEcH

Return to “Tech Support”