LCU Commander Skills

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mind_messing

RE: LCU Commander Skills

Post by mind_messing »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

So what does this mean:

Ground combat at 81,33 (near Lanchow)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 1258 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 29

Defending force 13470 troops, 123 guns, 84 vehicles, Assault Value = 484

Allied adjusted assault: 0

Japanese adjusted defense: 1588

Allied assault odds: 1 to 99

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), op mode(-)
Attacker:
The defenders were in good defensive terrain and at least one of their units was not in Combat/Defend mode or Reserve (likely in Move mode).
Unfortunately, because the AI cannot divide by 0 (the defender's AV), the assault odds get the default 99:1 odds.

What's your point? I think everyone agreed that the Terrain bonus affects the outcome.

But it's also just BS in the design. Ten years in and people are STILL debating the Land reports. GG was too clever by half with his hide-everything mania. So I get a Leadership (-) in my CR. OK, what does that mean? Can I do anything about it? Which leader in the stack got the (-)? How much did it matter? Is it worth changing him? I don't know any of that because it's all black-box and all I'm doing is riding in the backseat watching the scenery go by.

You hit the nail on the head and echo my views exactly. Why present sufficient information to identify that something went wrong or right, but insufficient information to act on it appropriately.

The combat reports are something I could rant on about all day, to be fair. In game of the breadth and detail of AE, it's quite disappointing that you're forced to resort to MkI eyeball to get the breakdown of losses individual units in an engagement.

Maybe it's just me having played to many AGEOD games, where combat reports give you a wealth of detail about engagements.

Kursk1943

RE: LCU Commander Skills

Post by Kursk1943 »

wrong thread...

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”