New 108 version

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Gribeauval

New 108 version

Post by Gribeauval »

Hello Vic, i have installed the 108 patch.

I have a small issue : when I open the officer statistic window, I don't see the officer's abilities (audacity, determination, charisma, ....) at the top of the window.
Is this not a bug ??

I remember also that you have mentionned (in a previous post) some air reconnaissance units for Germany. I can't find them. Did you include them ?

Could you also explain what is the new hybrid AI ? Is it better than the DC2 AI ? Will it play differently ?

Thanks for this update.
Vic

RE: New 108 version

Post by Vic »

Thanks for reporting. I'll have to correct some stuff for sure. Think you just found the first thing.

I didn't touch the OOB of the scenarios for the moment.

Did spend some time on the AI and the hybrid AI should provide a different experience than you'd be used too. If it is better remains to be seen :)

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

I have found a second strange thing.

I have opened the 2 Case Blue (full)scenarios as german.
In the "classic" Case Blue (full) scenario, the officer pool contains 3/4 german officers at turn 1.
In the Case Blue (full) Hybrid AI scenario, the officer pool is always empty at turn 1(I have done several trials).

I have tried the Case blue (full) Hybrid AI scenario as russian and the officer pool was empty at turn 1, at turn 2, at turn 3.

There is perhaps something to correct (??).

Best regards.
Vic

Post by Vic »

BIG Thanks once more!

Found the officerpool problem and fixed it. Also fixed the stats issue.

New upload v1.08b coming up very soon. best wishes Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
meyer2_slith

Post by meyer2_slith »

Hi Vic et. al.,

Taking 1.08b for a spin with the Full Blue (hybrid) campaign.

Just a quick observation, noticed the forts near Sevastopol have been removed at the start. Is this intentional?

Love your work.

Cheers

Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Meyer,

I am not sure there were any forts in the previous version.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Best wishes,
Vic
meyer2_slith

Post by meyer2_slith »

Hi Vic,

Thanks for replying. The forts are in the Case Blue Short scenario but in neither the CB full nor hybrid full. No big deal.

Also, the Officer bio is visible from the main screen (once you click on a HQ) but to see the statistics you have to click on the officer. I may be wrong, but I think players preferred the statistics up front as well as the fact that you can't read all of the bio anyway on the first screen.

Playing two 108b games at moment (human and AI hybrid) at moment and plays well.

Cheers

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”