Strategic Command: WW II in Europe Preview (FR)

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Daniele

Strategic Command: WW II in Europe Preview (FR)

Post by Daniele »

Hi all,

Our friends from Wargamer.fr have just made an interesting preview of Strategic Command!

For anyone interested, here's the link.

Please note that it is written in the beautiful language of Charles de Gaulle, so better refresh your French :-)

They have even translated the Blog Post about the AI!

Enjoy!
IckieStickie

RE: Strategic Command: WW II in Europe Preview (FR)

Post by IckieStickie »

Just release the Game,the suspense is killing me!!Lol,ive even gone and bought the Original to tide me over untill then.I can see already this will be One of my favorites![&o]
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Great stuff [:)]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi Hubert, I have been playing your games for a great many years now, and I will be buying this excellent game upon its release. But I have 3 naval question for you.

1 = I have discovered that the Admiral Graf Spee, only makes an appearance as a news event? Both her sisters are in the game, Deutschland in the North Atlantic, while Admiral Scheer is in port. Surely it would be better to have, the Royal Navy deal with 2 powerful raiders loose, than just Deutschland. Admiral Graf Spee available in the South Atlantic, would force Britain and her allies, to track her down. Just because she came a cropper, early in the war in history, at the Battle of the River Plate, Does not mean the Axis player will, the player should be able to alter history, and make Admiral Graf Spee a big distraction, that the Allied player needs to think about. You could always make it a news event, later when these Raiders are eventually SUNK!

2 = I also noticed that Light Cruisers are now in the game, if that is so, then where are the 5 German Light Cruisers?

3 = Battlecruisers and this CC unit term? Battlecruisers are not CCs, they are BCs. The above mentioned German Pocket Battleships, Deutschland, Admiral Scheer & Admiral Graf Spee, could be classed as CCs.

That said, I’m still looking forward to the games release, many thanks to all involved in creating, another great game!!
Make it so!
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Kirk23,

1. I can't fully speak for Bill here as he's done the bulk of the campaign design for this release, but my guess is that since it started in the area of the Atlantic (on Sep 1st) further south than what we can represent in game, it was likely easier to simply handle the Graf Spee via an event.

2. I'll have to defer to Bill on that one for now as well

3. For the CC unit term, if our research is correct this was indeed the correct term for Battlecruisers prior to 1961. Here is a link that describes the history of this designation in a bit more detail.

http://www.navweaps.com/index_tech/index_ships_list.php

Hubert
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

In terms of your questions:

1. The gaming map doesn't cover the South Atlantic, so representing the hunt for the Graf Spee would feel a bit artificial if it were forced to take place in the North Atlantic.

2. We have perhaps over-represented their surface fleet already to represent the fear factor that it had when ships like the Bismarck were on the loose in the Atlantic. Increasing it any further might not therefore be right.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
vdunord

Post by vdunord »

Hi,
Sorry for my poor English ! I'm French :)

Congratulation for this idea ! I was an old player of SCI and II ! So I'll be really happy to play with the new version.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”