Pole and German claim to have found missing Nazi loot train

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

operating

RE: Pole and German claim to have found missing Nazi loot train

Post by operating »

The Gold Train story still has legs[:)]: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... in-poland/
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Attachments
aa.jpg
aa.jpg (669.12 KiB) Viewed 52 times
operating

Post by operating »

[&:]Yes, but I wished they were using an excavator instead of a little rubber tired backhoe with a grading bucket(?) instead of a digging (trenching) bucket with teeth ...![&:]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: operating

[&:]Yes, but I wished they were using an excavator instead of a little rubber tired backhoe with a grading bucket(?) instead of a digging (trenching) bucket with teeth ...![&:]
They want to prolong the suspense [:D][:D]
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

I've seen those used at the beginning of archaeological digs because they can remove surface vegetation etc and then a thin layer of soil with each "scrape". However, normally there are archaeologists standing around looking for anything interesting and to tell the operator to stop if they do see something. Also, if they're going six metres down, this does seem a bit lightweight.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I need to get over there with my metal detector
operating

Post by operating »

New drone video of excavation. The article has a fair amount of information on this project, plus the video is a portal to other related videos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... otage.html
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

bump
operating

Post by operating »

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Say it isn't so...

"Big dig for legendary Nazi “gold train” in Poland a bust, explorers say"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/big-dig-leg ... orers-say/
Zap

Post by Zap »

The question is have these two characters garnered enough interest to get a book deal, a paid television interview/story? That's what they were really looking for.

They could produce there own CD's or have seminars (just like the Big Foot people) I'm sure there are enough gullible fantasizers to where they could make a few bucks.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Zap

The question is have these two characters garnered enough interest to get a book deal, a paid television interview/story? That's what they were really looking for.

They could produce there own CD's or have seminars (just like the Big Foot people) I'm sure there are enough gullible fantasizers to where they could make a few bucks.
Yes, saw this latest article (maybe the same as Zorch's: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/re ... ocid=edgsp

There is a hint at doing another site dig, so it ain't over till it's over....[:)]
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Zap

Yes, saw this latest article (maybe the same as Zorch's: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/re ... ocid=edgsp

There is a hint at doing another site dig, so it ain't over till it's over....[:)]

If they do a few more digs that will qualify them as "Experts on the Nazi Train" [:D]
operating

Post by operating »

I'd rather see somebody try to fulfill their dream/goal, than not try at all, success is not always the money you make, the almighty dollar, the gold nugget, it could be what you discover, or not discover. It would not be a bad thing to find no tunnel, train, at least they tried....
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I'd rather see somebody try to fulfill their dream/goal, than not try at all, success is not always the money you make, the almighty dollar, the gold nugget, it could be what you discover, or not discover. It would not be a bad thing to find no tunnel, train, at least they tried....
"The stuff dreams are made of" - The Maltese Falcon
Zap

Post by Zap »

Sure, they can pursue their dreams but I still say their intention is not pure explorer but more treasure hunter. Here is why:
The story says, they are basing there info on one solitary man, who heard from a German man about a train. Hearsay, they base it on Hearsay? Now that I know what the facts are(or what evidence they don't have).
1.No plans found to confirm a tunnel was built. When the most secret German projects had plans!
2.When the University used their equipment to show there was no train below or tunnel. These goof balls relied on Wal-Mart quality equipment and did not accept the Universities findings.
That to me is treasure hunter fever, blinded by the hopes of fame and riches they toss the facts aside to follow hearsay. That's as bad as the gambler who keeps going back to try and recoup his losses.

Explorers need to eat too. I'm sorry if I come off as skeptical. The greatest discoveriesin history had a payoff. It was not only the thrill of the discovery but to return famous with all the benefits it entailed.

At least the treasure hunters of lost ships had some historical evidence for there searches.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

An article in my newspaper today says they haven't found anything and no evidence of a railroad or a tunnel.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

One last story...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking ... itlers-ne/

'Could the Nazi 'gold train' tunnels have formed part of Hitler's new HQ?'

'The supposed site of the train sits at the heart of one the most ambitious engineering projects in the Third Reich. Under the mountains of this corner of Silesia the Nazis were building a gigantic folly. A complex of tunnels which would protect the German leadership and war machine from air attacks, even from nuclear strikes. It was hacked out of the earth by slaves from nearby concentration camps, 5,000 of whom died in months of brutal forced labour. It was called simply ‘Projekt Riese’, Project Giant. '

Attachments
gold.jpg
gold.jpg (55.74 KiB) Viewed 53 times

Return to “General Discussion”