Problem with Norton deleting game shortcut.

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SimonDC

Problem with Norton deleting game shortcut.

Post by SimonDC »

Hello, I just had Norton's SONAR delete the game shortcut. I ended up turning off SONAR and reinstalling the latest patch and that seems to have worked. Any idea how to avoid this or work around it? I don't like the idea of having Norton's protection turned off but I do want to play the game!!

Many thanks,
Simon

PS Many thanks to an earlier post which helped with the idea of reinstalling the last beta patch from member Encircled.
Oberst_Klink

RE: Problem with Norton deleting game shortcut.

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: SimonDC

Hello, I just had Norton's SONAR delete the game shortcut. I ended up turning off SONAR and reinstalling the latest patch and that seems to have worked. Any idea how to avoid this or work around it? I don't like the idea of having Norton's protection turned off but I do want to play the game!!

Many thanks,
Simon

PS Many thanks to an earlier post which helped with the idea of reinstalling the last beta patch from member Encircled.
What about 'white listing' the shortcut in SONAR? Strange that an anti-virus deletes shortcuts anyway. What OS? 7, 8.1 or 10?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
SimonDC

RE: Problem with Norton deleting game shortcut.

Post by SimonDC »

Hi Oberst_Klink, I did disable SONAR. There was that option so it doesn't show up as a problem to fix, which it did when I first just turned it off. Version is Windows 10. It seems to ok now.

Return to “Tech Support”