Issue downloading patches

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

ULTIMO

Issue downloading patches

Post by ULTIMO »

Hello,

and sorry for bringing an issue which can be already treated in the past, but I cannot find any thread about it.

I'm an old customer, and I have enjoyed WitE so many times. It is a great game, and probably the best out there on the market. My congratulations also for following up such a great the product with important Patches which improve the game experience and make WitE Always welcome on my nights.

Unfortunately I'm not able to download the latest Patches, either through the app control panel, either through the download center.

I have tried several things, such as rebooting the pc, the router and using a different browser.

Is there anything else I can try to download the latest Patches?

I have both the Expansions.

Thank you for your attention.

emanuele

Attachments
Warinthe..tUpdate.jpg
Warinthe..tUpdate.jpg (92.67 KiB) Viewed 128 times
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
Manstein63

RE: Issue downloading patches

Post by Manstein63 »

It could be that your Anti Virus or Firewall is blocking the download, turn it off and try to download again. you will only need to download the latest patch as they are all cumulative, just remember to turn you Anti Virus & Firewall back on once the download has finished.
Manstein63.
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
ULTIMO

Post by ULTIMO »

Thank you Manstein,

I have tried to swith both off, and then used both the browser I have (Chrome and IE) and both the method (the WitE app and the links on the forum) but the result is the same.

Now I'm trying to dowload the patch using an old computer, and then I will wetransfer to my new one.

Let's see if it works, or if anybody has a solution, please just let me know.

Thank you by the way

emanuele
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

If that's the case try downloading to a USB stick rather than your hard drive but I still think,that your Firewall is somehow blocking the download, As I had a similar problem with my AV programme I dont know what operating system
you are using but if you are using a version of Windows & you have a separate anti virus maybe the are both on & are clashing
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
ULTIMO

Post by ULTIMO »

I have tried it, but the same. Even using the old comuputer the result is the same...
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi,

DL from the Matrix site that you get to from your browser. I think you are going to the Matrix site from the game page, that doesn't work.
ULTIMO

Post by ULTIMO »

Thank you Charlie,

I have tried both, but it did not work in either way...
ACHTUNG, PANZER!
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Try from the following mirrors, but something in your system is blocking the access... maybe your router.

http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/WarIn ... v10808.zip
http://ftp.ca.matrixgames.com/pub/WarIn ... v10808.zip
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/WarIn ... v10808.zip
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

check firewall and antivirus logs just in case
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
ULTIMO

Post by ULTIMO »

Thank you von Paulus,

I have used the first link and it worked!

Thanks again for a great game and a great support.

emanuele
ACHTUNG, PANZER!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”