Question on Air Doctrine

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Aditia

Question on Air Doctrine

Post by Aditia »

Wanting to check if my understanding of air doctrine is correct:

- If you always select strike groups manually, it is irrelevant what the doctrine settings are for unit/city/airfield bombing, correct?
- This leaves intercept/ground support/interdiction. Am I correct that the lower you set it, the higher the max amount of missions during enemy turn is, with less strength for each mission? (meaning that if you have superior fighters, you would set the doctrine low if you are expecting tons of enemy attacks during his turn, to maximize the amount of missions and preventing overkill in CAPs flown over the battlefield.)

The last thing I then wonder about: Will bombers set on night missions participate in ground support? Or does the engine assume that the vast majority of combat is done during day light? (which would seem correct).
Bozo_the_Clown

RE: Question on Air Doctrine

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

- If you always select strike groups manually, it is irrelevant what the doctrine settings are for unit/city/airfield bombing, correct?

Yes
- This leaves intercept/ground support/interdiction. Am I correct that the lower you set it, the higher the max amount of missions during enemy turn is, with less strength for each mission? (meaning that if you have superior fighters, you would set the doctrine low if you are expecting tons of enemy attacks during his turn, to maximize the amount of missions and preventing overkill in CAPs flown over the battlefield.)

Yes
The last thing I then wonder about: Will bombers set on night missions participate in ground support? Or does the engine assume that the vast majority of combat is done during day light? (which would seem correct).

No unless you set them to both.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”