Captured Armor

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Bozo_the_Clown

Captured Armor

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

I just discovered that one of my Panzer divisions is using 45 T34 tanks. [:D] This is new and I like it. However, is there any historical precedence for this? Just curious.

Attachments
T34small.jpg
T34small.jpg (153.14 KiB) Viewed 109 times
Walloc

RE: Captured Armor

Post by Walloc »

Yes, just Google german T 34. One of the SS Pz Div's. IIRC the 2nd, had a Company at Kursk equiped with T 34s.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerkamp ... ervice.htm
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Cool, thanks!
56ajax

Post by 56ajax »

Too be honest 45 sounds historically too high for just one Division; more like 20+.
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

There's no option to restrict usage to smaller units
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
morvael

Post by morvael »

Unfortunately due to certain restrictions the game can't handle well multiple versions of the same equipment type, so instead of a few captured tanks in every unit it will strive to have 1-2 units full of captured tanks and the rest with different models.
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

I think the Germans need any help they can get regarding material. 4th Panzer division now has 65 T-34 in it. I'm curious to what other equipment will be used.
Aditia

Post by Aditia »

I am now in December 41 and so far my engineers have converted ~3.2k captured guns (you can track this by comparing total captured to what is left in the pool) for front line use and I have a bunch of units with BA-10 and BA-20 armored cars and 3 Pz Div.'s with 1 Bn of BT-7M each (which is a much better machine than the German light tank that it replaces).

It is actually really fun to keep track of :)

With regards to the machines being concentrated, just think of it as the one area where your logistics staff is doing better than historical; making the need for spare parts less complex [8|]
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

Dec 43 and my 23rd Pz Div has 63 Panther D and 63 T34M1942. TOE is 63/72. TOE MAX set at 100.
No idea

Post by No idea »

Captured enemy tanks should have very few spare parts available, if any, which basically means that any damaged tank should be a total loss unless you cannibalize another tanks. But that in turn means that you need, lets say, 100 captured t34s to keep 50 of them operational.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”