Aussie restricted units

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pontiouspilot

Aussie restricted units

Post by pontiouspilot »

DBB 28, early war. I just realized that I can buy out restricted Aussie units out for fewer Pol Pts via the RAAF HQ. I'm wondering whether this is abusing the system. I still get soaked points but it is many fewer than a buy-out to a traditional non-restricted HQ.
witpqs

RE: Aussie restricted units

Post by witpqs »

Most of us believe that doing so is abusing the system. However, in a PBM game it is between you and your opponent so certainly bring it up with them. And of course against the AI it is solely your choice.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Most of us believe that doing so is abusing the system. However, in a PBM game it is between you and your opponent so certainly bring it up with them. And of course against the AI it is solely your choice.
+1.
In the PBEM if you do it, your opponent can also do it and the IJA has a lot of restricted units on the HI that can be bought out against one of the air HQs there.
In a game against the AI, I am not sure if the AI takes advantage of this kind of rule or not. It seems to buy stuff out of Kwantung Army at a good rate.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

It is pretty much gaming the system. However, if your opponent agrees then no harm no foul.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

It didn't sit right with me either....thanks for the opinions.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

OZ LCU's can be bought out cheaply by using Aust 1st corps, 2nd corps, eastern army, etc and it's not gamey....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

In PBEM, it is between you and your opponent. Some agree that units have to be purchased out with full PP cost, some that other means can be utilized. Up to opponents.

I'd myself agree with latter option, since as Allies, I'd not want to have lot of Kwantung Army breathing on my neck in China suddenly...[:D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”