Ships / Fleets sit at empty refueling station

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

FFCecil

Ships / Fleets sit at empty refueling station

Post by FFCecil »

When I tell my fleets to refuel at nearest refueling point they will invariably go to nearest refueling station and just sit there because it has no fuel or very little. If I keep pressing the button to refuel they go back to the same station and fill up a tiny spec of the meter then sit there.

Fleets should know if a station has enough fuel for the fleet or certain amount of ships and send the others off to different refueling spots with plenty of fuel. As it is I have to hunt down a gas station myself and manually tell them to fly there then tell them to refuel at nearest.

I'm using the latest version 1.9.5.12 of Universe.

(Edit: Well in this situation I noticed in Expansion Planner I only have 8.6k caslon left and 8.5k in transit :) So I don't have any left anywhere. But I have noticed this before but maybe it was same situation.)
Bingeling

RE: Ships / Fleets sit at empty refueling station

Post by Bingeling »

From my experience they manage to head somewhere sensible just fine in the normal situation. They look for somewhere where enough fuel at hand (which may mean a lot of fuel in case of a large fleet).

This makes them usually ignore a nearby gas mine of limited fuel stores, and head for a somewhat more distance spaceport instead.
Retreat1970

RE: Ships / Fleets sit at empty refueling station

Post by Retreat1970 »

I only have 8.6k caslon left and 8.5k in transit

The gas is probably reserved for a freighter. You need more mines.

Return to “Tech Support”