Suppling war

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Meteor2

Suppling war

Post by Meteor2 »

I am just reading the book "Suppling War", written by Martin van Creveld.
Now I have a better understanding, how much effort was put into modeling the supply
situation in the game.
Probably a mostly underestimated aspect. Very well done here. [:)]
morvael

RE: Suppling war

Post by morvael »

I think it was heavily inspired by that book, including some events and choice of metrics (like trains/day or V.S.)
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

Yep, it was the primary source for the logistical side of the game.

Cheers,
Cameron
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

If you liked 'Supplying War' you will probably appreciate 'Lifeblood of War: Logistics in Armed Conflict' by Julian Thompson (CO of 3 Royal Marine Commando in the Falklands).

It covers North Africa in WW2 and a number of post-WW2 conflicts (as well as classical Assyria!) and is worth a read.

https://www.amazon.com/Lifeblood-War-Julian-Thompson/dp/0080417760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471048811&sr=8-1&keywords=Lifeblood+of+War

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi aspgrz,

Good recommendation!

Thanks.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”