methods for hot swapping pilots between groups ?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

scout1

methods for hot swapping pilots between groups ?

Post by scout1 »

Trying to find a "painless" method for swapping the entire air group pilots with another ....

Is mid 43 .....
Have an Oscar IIa airgroup filled with kick arss pilots.
On the other side of the runway, I have a Tony airgroup filled with freshly trained cadets (actually exp 60).

What I'd like to do is to tell both group of pilots to merely walk across the runway and pick a new plane. Hence my air devils would now have Tony's.

One painfully slow way is to return most/all pilots to the General Reserve and then draw them back to the desired airgroup. Problem is they don't all immediately become available and when they do and get assigned, then you have the "pilot in transit" wait ....
arrgggggh ....

So is there another means of easily mass swapping pilots between airgroups at the same base ?
Lokasenna

RE: methods for hot swapping pilots between groups ?

Post by Lokasenna »

Well, don't manually select them from the general reserve. Click on the buttons at the bottom.

It's the only way to instantly swap between.
scout1

Post by scout1 »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Well, don't manually select them from the general reserve. Click on the buttons at the bottom.

Buttons at the bottom merely allow 5 or 10 pilot grabs ... which helps on clicking .... I see they can be sent to Group Reserve and then "immediately" grabbed, but lists a 5 day pilot in transit ....
Sure a long time to walk across the runway .....
Disco Duck

Post by Disco Duck »

ORIGINAL: scout1

Buttons at the bottom merely allow 5 or 10 pilot grabs ... which helps on clicking .... I see they can be sent to Group Reserve and then "immediately" grabbed, but lists a 5 day pilot in transit ....

It's the paperwork that takes five days. [:D]
There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Sure, but the game doesn't "know" that they're at the same base. They could be 2000 miles away and it would work the same way.

Just grab another pilot from reserves, but make sure you use the buttons at the bottom instead of clicking on the pilot's name.

Sometimes you get a delay greater than 1 (and up to 7) when using the buttons. It just happens randomly. In most cases, using those buttons the transfer is instant.
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

To swap these specific pilots between groups by walking across the tarmac is as DD said a 5 day waiting period that consists of paperwork countersigned by said commanding officers forwarded to rear echelon to be approved then sent to higher headquarters to be signed in duplication then sent back down the chain in triplicate (aka Vogon procedures & directives). Also don't forget that the pilots APO must be changed so their mail will keep up w/ them [:'(]
scout1

Post by scout1 »

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

To swap these specific pilots between groups by walking across the tarmac is as DD said a 5 day waiting period that consists of paperwork countersigned by said commanding officers forwarded to rear echelon to be approved then sent to higher headquarters to be signed in duplication then sent back down the chain in triplicate (aka Vogon procedures & directives). Also don't forget that the pilots APO must be changed so their mail will keep up w/ them [:'(]

arrrrrggggggh ....piss on their mail .... let them get the other guys mail .... may get a cool surprise photo or two ....
el lobo

Post by el lobo »

Assumption. Your goal is to get hot-shot "Air" trained pilots into your Tonys immediately. Otherwise, why would you bother? Experience is easy to obtain, training (skill) is not.

Dump them all, from both units into "To pool: Reserve," not "Group" by:

Down in the lower left, in yellow is "PILOTS, A/C DATA, PLANES."

Pick "PILOTS."

Near the bottom, right/center you see "Group" in yellow. Toggle it to "Reserve." Select "Air" from the list across the top. As Lokasenna says, hit the "Release 10 pilots," three or four times until the whole unit is gone. Repeat for other unit. Dump them both before you proceed.

Then:

In your Tony unit, select "Request Veteran." This will usually bring up the "Show pool: Group" first. Toggle to the "Show pool: Reserve", select "Air" from the list across the top. Hit the "Release 10 pilots," the from the top list, "Most Experienced" three or four times. It will fill-up your Tony unit. (Don't worry about getting the exact number, it will not give you more pilots than you need.) Go "Back." Down in the lower left, "PILOTS, A/C DATA, PLANES." Pick "PILOTS" again. Near the bottom, right/center you see "Group" in yellow. Toggle it to "Active." Hit the "Release 10 Pilots" three or four times and most if not all of you pilots will now be active.

Repeat the process for your Oscar unit except hit the "Release 10 pilots" from the bottom list," "Least Experienced" This will pull pilots from the bottom of the "Air" list where most of your old Tony pilots should be assuming that you do not keep pilots in your "Reserve" pool with less than seventy training.

Be sure you hit the "Air" from the list across the top each time and you will get most of your original pilots switched.

Walk time, five minutes.
El Lobo (J) vs Rio Bravo (A)
Rio Bravo's AAR - "The War College"
tm.asp?m=3851786

Gamey is not a game style. It is someone's definition.
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

While for the CIC behind the screen might be 5 min, the walk time isn't 5 min for the pilots. For the pilots it will be the variable 1-7 days w/ the small chance that most/if not all happen to end up being less than 3 days.
scout1

Post by scout1 »

While for the CIC behind the screen might be 5 min, the walk time isn't 5 min for the pilots. For the pilots it will be the variable 1-7 days w/ the small chance that most/if not all happen to end up being less than 3 days.

Exactly my issue ........
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

I see that you are familiar with military procedures...[:D] It can actually take a month to be temporarily assigned to a unit in same base...don't ask how I know that...LOL
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

el lobo

Post by el lobo »

Exactly my issue ........

I'm sorry for the presumption and any misconceptions.

I can see now that your "issue" is just with something that is WAD just fine.
El Lobo (J) vs Rio Bravo (A)
Rio Bravo's AAR - "The War College"
tm.asp?m=3851786

Gamey is not a game style. It is someone's definition.

Return to “The War Room”