Mis scaling UI - crashing - workaround

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Lukeb

Mis scaling UI - crashing - workaround

Post by Lukeb »

I've been having an issue which has been reported on this forum a couple of times recently where the game doesn't correctly scale for 4k display, leading to the right info bar not showing information properly and then crash when selecting a different unit (it looks like the right bar is having issues changing from one groups info to another and then causing a crash).

I'm sorry I don't have much better detailed information to give to you right now, as I don't have much time free this week but I wanted to let everyone know a possible workaround which made the game playable for me.

This is for Windows 10. Put display scaling to 100% in display settings, change resolution to 1080 (I've not experimented with any others) and then log out of Windows and log back in. Command now runs perfectly at that resolution.

I would love for Command to be playable in higher resolutions, but as I have not really helped fix the issue I am perfectly happy playing it with this workaround also.

If I get some time I will try and get some screenshots and better details for you.
ComDev

RE: Mis scaling UI - crashing - workaround

Post by ComDev »

We've made some changes in the upcoming v1.11 SR4. A screenshot would be great, though [8D]

Thanks!

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
ncarson

Post by ncarson »

Mine worked great using a high end Nvidia card at 3840 x 2160 UNTIL this last update. Now it tries to run, but as soon as you select a unit the text characters start flickering on and off, and then it crashes totally. I've tried using several different resolutions, setting the display setting to various parameters, deleting the ini file, and even running under STEAM. Always the same result. It uses hdmi output and is conneted to a Marantz receiver, so this may be the problem. For now, I just have to miss playing Command...
My symptoms are exacty what you reported in your post. Could not upload png screen shot as it was reported "file too large". IF you really need one, I'll try coverting but it really doesn't show much.
Lukeb

Post by Lukeb »

Did you try the windows scaling option? You need to drop it down to 100% and then sign out of Windows and sign back in for Command to recognise the change (not unique to Command btw). Once you are back in, you can put the scaling to whatever you like as Command won't recognise it until you sign out of Windows again.

I've had the same UI bugs reappear every time I've signed out/restarted computer without thinking to adjust the scaling first. Each time I've booted Command to see this, I drop scaling, sign out, back in and bingo, all working fine again.

Luckily this is not a massive hassle for me as once I put scaling back up there are no negatives, but I can see a problem where if you had another program that also doesn't recognise scaling changes until Windows sign out, then that program may not have the appearance you require e.g. you want it to recognise the current 150% scaling that your computer is set at, but like Command it is stuck on 100% scaling.

Return to “Tech Support”