Some questions about control

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

exsonic01

Some questions about control

Post by exsonic01 »

How can I move the units after finishing resupply?

Let's say I ordered resupply last turn, and resupply over at 1235. But my command cycle begin at 1230, and next command is possible in 1300. In this case, my units need to stand still for 25 min after resupply. How can I prevent this?

If I order move command, and give them delay 25 min, do they finish resupply than initiate the move? Or they just ignore resupply and do nothing for 25 min and move?

Similarly, how can I achieve manual "shoot and scoot" for artillery? If I order shot at 0720 and wish to move from 0725 (but next command cycle is 0745), can I use movement order and give them 5 min delay to achieve this set of action?

Thank you

Best,
CapnDarwin

RE: Some questions about control

Post by CapnDarwin »

The basic answer is there isn't really a way. The game only allows the single order per command cycle with the noted exception of movement orders that allow the selection of an end state order. That provides a way to move and resupply, but there is no provision to chain a post resupply state. You have to issue orders once you can. The game already moves arty and HQs if they sit too long. One other thing to point out, is the changing nature of command delays. There is no guarantee that the delay estimated for the next turn will end up being that value. If you lose a HQ the time could go longer. Have some HQs resupply and it could go down. That's part of the fog and friction of command.

Orders chaining will be one of. Those items we address in Southern Storm.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”