Game Menu Update not working?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Slick91

Game Menu Update not working?

Post by Slick91 »

I've just completed a fresh install of Windows 10 with the new Anniversary Update (ver 1607). Installed WITP:AE, manually downloaded and updated with the last official patch (game ver 1.7.11.24) and the game seems to load fine.

When I try to run the "check for updates" through the Game Menu, it is causing a error: update information could not be downloaded. Please contact Matrix Games for help.

I should note that I was on the same version prior to the Windows Annv Update and the game menu update worked fine. Is anyone else having problem using the update feature?
Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Lokasenna

RE: Game Menu Update not working?

Post by Lokasenna »

I believe 1.7.11.24 is the latest release, yes?

To further update, you should grab the beta patch(es) in this subforum.
Slick91

Post by Slick91 »

Thanks, I'll take a look at the Beta.

So, is the game menu update functionality currently working or not working for everyone? If its working for everyone, I'll try a reinstall but no point in doing that if the service is no longer available...just trying to save myself an hour or two of troubleshooting.
Slick
-John Wayne
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Slick91

So, is the game menu update functionality currently working or not working for everyone? If its working for everyone, I'll try a reinstall but no point in doing that if the service is no longer available...just trying to save myself an hour or two of troubleshooting.
I've never used it. Heard from other players that it didn't work and not to bother. Or maybe it doesn't consistently work. Dunno.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

ORIGINAL: Slick91

I've never used it. Heard from other players that it didn't work and not to bother. Or maybe it doesn't consistently work. Dunno.
My memory is a little fuzzy but IIRC I had to contact customer support to set up a one-off download link to get the latest official update. IOW the menu link no longer does that automatically.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Slick91

Post by Slick91 »

Thanks everyone for your help and feedback. I must admit that I have appeared as an example of my signature... [:D]

Since I had just finished a clean install of Windows 10, I failed to enable the network discovery so my computer saw my home network as "public" so the firewall rules were blocking the TrueUpdate.exe from working. Simple fix and now everything is working just fine...only took me reinstalling WitP:AE three times before I realized my..."error". As my sig says, life is very tough right now... [8D]
Slick
-John Wayne

Return to “Tech Support”