[ANSWERED] Radar query - help?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Phoenix100

[ANSWERED] Radar query - help?

Post by Phoenix100 »

I'm trying to play the excellent Litani River scenario, by Uncle Mark. I'm (always, in this game) a beginner, so this may be as stupid as all my other questions - if so, sorry. I wanted to switch off some radar assets (to stop them being detected and attacked) but then noticed they were already switched off. See the screen shot below. How is it that this radar unit at Har Ramon can make 5 detections (I've put a black line under them in the log) when it's switched off? Anyone know?

I'm playing with latest beta patch (SR3).

Cheers

Peter

Attachments
radarquery.gif
radarquery.gif (301.67 KiB) Viewed 20 times
Rory Noonan

RE: Radar query - help?

Post by Rory Noonan »

ORIGINAL: phoenix

I'm trying to play the excellent Litani River scenario, by Uncle Mark. I'm (always, in this game) a beginner, so this may be as stupid as all my other questions - if so, sorry. I wanted to switch off some radar assets (to stop them being detected and attacked) but then noticed they were already switched off. See the screen shot below. How is it that this radar unit at Har Ramon can make 5 detections (I've put a black line under them in the log) when it's switched off? Anyone know?

I'm playing with latest beta patch (SR3).

Cheers

Peter

AFAIK this shouldn't happen; I'd recommend posting this along with a save file in the tech support forum.
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Hi guys I just ran the scenario with all the radars off at Har Ramon from the very start of the scenario (there are 3 different types of radar at Har Ramon) and they didn't pick up anything...

The first Radar to pick anything up was the Arrow 2 SAM at Ein Shemer, it picked up some bogeys to the north over Lebanon, I turned that off and dropped contact on the bogeys and they remained undetected for about 10 mins even although they are well within range of the radars at Har Ramon..

I then turned on the AN/FPS-100 at Har Ramon and within seconds it picked up the bogeys as expected, In my game the radars are WAD..

Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Many thanks, Highlandcharge. I'm doing something wrong, I think. I'm guessing it's something to do with inherited Emcom/ROE settings, which I don't properly understand. In this scenario the game menu Emcom settings dialogue has the 'inherited' box greyed out, so I can't change it. The individual setting for the Har Ramon radar (for example) - from the right-click menu accessed from the radar itself, or from the side box - tells me, at scenario start, that its radar is off (passive), but this can't be true, I think. The game settings for 'ignore emcom when threatened' default to 'yes' - could this be something to do with it, I wonder? That is, does the radar just switch on for some reason I'm unaware of at scenario start?

Can I ask, Highlandcharge, what exactly you did to switch off the radar at Har Ramon? Did you tamper with the game emcom settings?

Thanks.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Ok. How embarrassing. Sorry guys. 3 radars at Har Ramon!!! I needed to switch off the AN/FPS 100, but hadn't even realised it was there. It was a stupid question......

Thanks Highlandcharge.
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

No problem Phoenix, it happens...

Seems like Israel really believes in redundancy regarding radars.. knock one out and they just turn on one of the two backups [;)]

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”