[ANSWERED] Can't get 'Unit is damaged' trigger to work

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

beikul

[ANSWERED] Can't get 'Unit is damaged' trigger to work

Post by beikul »

Hi,

[Command v.11 SR3 839.5 on Windows 7 64 bit]

I'm trying to learn the scenario editor but I can't get the 'Unit is damaged' trigger to work. I've had success with 'Unit is destroyed' but when I take a similar approach with 'Unit is damaged' it does not appear to fire. I have a test scenario that demonstrates this but apparently I'm too new to include a URL in my post.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

edit: short URL of my test scenario is: bit.ly/2aEm14j
nogravity

RE: Can't get 'Unit is damaged' trigger to work

Post by nogravity »

Did you set the "Damage Percentage Threshold" value to a something above zero?
beikul

Post by beikul »

Generally I've left it at zero (as in my test scenario) as I couldn't find any documentation on what this was for and my assumption has been that zero means 'fire when any damaged is taken'. As an experiment I've also set it to 1 but still the trigger didn't fire.
beikul

Post by beikul »

Correction: setting the threshold to 1 does work. I wasn't being patient enough before - it seems like my target ship has to get hit by 5 shells before the threshold is exceeded and the trigger fires. I guess there's no way to get it to fire the moment the very first damage is taken.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”