Newbie : Command Line Switches & Linux

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

oaltinyay

Newbie : Command Line Switches & Linux

Post by oaltinyay »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if

1. there are command switches available for WiTE for higher resolution , windowed running , alternative fonts and report logging for WiTP:AE

2. Is it possible to run this game under Linux or OSX using Wine or similart sw.

morvael

RE: Newbie : Command Line Switches & Linux

Post by morvael »

There are no such switches, but I think you can change fonts by editing Dat\WiteFontConfig.txt. However, it's not very flexible, as you can't change color - only face, size and boldness.

I managed to run the game using CrossOver on Linux. I think it builds upon Wine, so Wine should be fine as well.
oaltinyay

Post by oaltinyay »

ORIGINAL: morvael

There are no such switches, but I think you can change fonts by editing Dat\WiteFontConfig.txt. However, it's not very flexible, as you can't change color - only face, size and boldness.

I managed to run the game using CrossOver on Linux. I think it builds upon Wine, so Wine should be fine as well.

Can you direct me to a link etc. that shows how it's done ?
morvael

Post by morvael »

This is CrossOver's WitE page: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibili ... n-the-east
But there are no detailed instructions, the process certainly isn't easy.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”