Focus Pacific: Release

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

paradigmblue

RE: First 3 turns as Japanes plaer

Post by paradigmblue »

Ugh, I'm almost done with everything but I'm having difficulty with the plane art - for some reason it's not playing nice with the installer package. So close to being done.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

Ok, heres my go at an initial Japanese airplane factory build to see what things would look like - came out at approx 2000 builds, which
would have to be spread over a fair period to avoid running out of supplies.

Comments:

1) GP/Para - as AFBs were you aware of how much factory changing goes on as a japanese player, and if not would this
affect your initial factory setup when you do a scenario design?

2) JFBs will probably tear this to bits as i am no expert. I didn't min/max and/or rationalize production as much as
i could have as i wanted a mix of planes. If i did min/max you could get some models out a lot earlier. Also my knowledge of which planes
are better at what roles is not that good so i have probably made some bad choices in places. I haven't really checked it either so its even
possible i have missed some plnes that need to be built completely. Not that it affects the scenario design but form a personal point of view
i would welcome others critique of this.

3) I decided not to build any of the 4 engine bombers as you get a reasonable amount as replacements, plus the resource
cost for the engines would be huge.

4) I have not looked at engine builds yet, which apart from adding yet more factories could also impact the plane builds.

Sample....

Attachments
sampleair..oriesv2.jpg
sampleair..oriesv2.jpg (215.58 KiB) Viewed 75 times
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

and heres the actual spreadsheet

Attachments
FocusPacificInfo.zip
(27.81 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

I'm thinking your buildouts are actually a little conservative for Focus Pacific. I would have a goal of 350 Zeroes and 250 Oscars / month. If we need to increase supply generation on the Home Islands to get there, so be it. One thing I notice is that you're not bringing factories above 30. While this makes sense for R&D factories, which don't seem to gain any increased research change/day over 30, you don't have to limit your production factories to that number.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

I'm thinking your buildouts are actually a little conservative for Focus Pacific. I would have a goal of 350 Zeroes and 250 Oscars / month. If we need to increase supply generation on the Home Islands to get there, so be it. One thing I notice is that you're not bringing factories above 30. While this makes sense for R&D factories, which don't seem to gain any increased research change/day over 30, you don't have to limit your production factories to that number.

hi para

You are probably right longer term but this is just an initial build to get things going and set up R&D. I think you are also right to be concerned about supply generation, just a gut feel as it is very hard to quantify.

Comments below...

a) a lot of the production factories will immediately be switched to R&D of the next model when the build reaches 30

b) you don't want to build too much too soon as it can slow down your engine production which means it takes longer to get to the magic number of 500 to get the R&D bonus

c) at the early stages i usually don't increase production factories (above 30) until i have a better overall picture, so i haven't got as far as thinking longer term, particularly as i won't have the supplies to build all the factories for quite some time (plus there are 420 Oscars in the pool and 60 Zero), so unless its desperate, i'd rather get the R&D going first

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

You could do like the Allies do at Cape Town and get those "CD Convoys" coming into Tokyo at certain intervals bringing in specific things (devices, supplies, airframes, etc.). This could help you regulate what you want versus allowing Japan to have to produce it.
[center]Image[/center]
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

Ok, heres my go at an initial Japanese airplane factory build to see what things would look like - came out at approx 2000 builds, which
would have to be spread over a fair period to avoid running out of supplies.

Comments:

1) GP/Para - as AFBs were you aware of how much factory changing goes on as a japanese player, and if not would this
affect your initial factory setup when you do a scenario design?

No, Yes.[:'(]....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Okay, I think I may actually have things working. Please give this a test and let me know if everything works. If it does I'll make a patch post and update the original post with the new version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ik6mgetiodft ... a.exe?dl=0
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Okay, I think I may actually have things working. Please give this a test and let me know if everything works. If it does I'll make a patch post and update the original post with the new version.

This link failed for me and I tried it twice. Just now.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

What was the error message? Anyone else having the same problem?
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

The error message was Firefox's downloads manager telling me that the download "failed". And I tried it three times.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (74.53 KiB) Viewed 73 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

download was ok for me
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

Observations on Ship production

1) Tracker says Navy shipyards are in deficit of 3094 - seems a lot

2) Seydlitz comes in at a base rather than a TF but seems to have a build cost of "Normal60" in the game ship reinforcement screen - doesn't this mean it is costing shipyard build points? Maybe bringing it in as a TF located at the base would solve this.

3) The other german ships don't have a build rate listed so i assume they are not costing build points - Or are they? See also item 5) below. (they are listed in tracker as "pending builds" with POA of Hailar and build points listed like any other ship).

4) Oddly enough the Admiral Hipper whilst shown in the game ok is NOT shown at all in the ship production screen of Tracker - seems to be because in the editor it has a delay of 0 whereas all the other german ships have big numbers for delay - maybe all "reinforcement" ships should have delay set as zero (in the ship section) as the actual delay in the TF arriving is set in the TF section.?

5) If you look at tracker its shows ship build points needed at 4660 but in game its listed as 3724 - i think these 2 numbers should be the same (they are in my stock game). Maybe if reinforcement ships have delay set to zero this would correct things? If indeed this is the problem there are a few merchant ships that seem to fall into this category as well i.e. tracker says 1100 but it game its 1085.

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Larry, Firefox may be the issue. I have found that, when I used it, Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

Observations on Ship production

1) Tracker says Navy shipyards are in deficit of 3094 - seems a lot

2) Seydlitz comes in at a base rather than a TF but seems to have a build cost of "Normal60" in the game ship reinforcement screen - doesn't this mean it is costing shipyard build points? Maybe bringing it in as a TF located at the base would solve this.

3) The other german ships don't have a build rate listed so i assume they are not costing build points - Or are they? See also item 5) below. (they are listed in tracker as "pending builds" with POA of Hailar and build points listed like any other ship).

4) Oddly enough the Admiral Hipper whilst shown in the game ok is NOT shown at all in the ship production screen of Tracker - seems to be because in the editor it has a delay of 0 whereas all the other german ships have big numbers for delay - maybe all "reinforcement" ships should have delay set as zero (in the ship section) as the actual delay in the TF arriving is set in the TF section.?

5) If you look at tracker its shows ship build points needed at 4660 but in game its listed as 3724 - i think these 2 numbers should be the same (they are in my stock game). Maybe if reinforcement ships have delay set to zero this would correct things? If indeed this is the problem there are a few merchant ships that seem to fall into this category as well i.e. tracker says 1100 but it game its 1085.

German ships are already built. I'm not sure why they are listed with build points. Probably a Japanese thing as all reinforcements get built....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

I use firefox and had no problems downloading the patch.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I had some problems. I'm sure it works for others....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Hi Downloaded this - it looks great
BUT cannot get my usual command line is use for RA and normal AE to work. This is what I use in my other games what is wrong please ?
game will start but at low res??

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition - Focus Pacific\autorun.exe" -px1920-py1080 -nofire -deepColor

Any help appreciated.
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

You have to use the War in the Pacific.exe file, not the autorun file
Ol_Dog

Post by Ol_Dog »

... and do you need a space between -px1920 and -py1080
Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”