Windows 10 aims to kill Steam

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

RE: Windows 10 aims to kill Steam

Post by Kuokkanen »

If you already have installed Windows 10 and automatic update breaks Steam or something else, I recommend you to do following:
1. Wait for a week-month for another update that could possibly restore operation of the Steam
2. If you can't wait for long enough or believe update is not coming, put Windows install disc into disc drive and install older Windows where Steam is known to work
3. If you don't have Windows install disc, loan it from someone who has it and use your own product key code to install it
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Freyr Oakenshield

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

If you already have installed Windows 10 than automatic update breaks Steam or whatever...

Come on... Nothing breaks anything. I've been using Steam since Win8.1 and no update has ever broken anything.... Steam has always been running flawlessly... [8D]

IMO, any problems that some users might have with Steam and Win8.1/10 most likey come from interference from other installed software.

edit:

or from tinkering with Steam's installation files...
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

If they purposely tried to make Steam not work, wouldn't that be legally actionable? I mean, we all know MS is no stranger to lawsuits.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Windows 10 aims to kill Steam.............

Since all my Steam games work with Win10, and update fine with Win10, I find the claim to be without merit.

Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Since all my Steam games work with Win10, and update fine with Win10, I find the claim to be without merit.

Or they are doing a horrible job at it. [:D]
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Or they are doing a horrible job at it. [:D]

Well, this the company that gave us Vista :)
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Often what you aim for, and what you can do, is two completely different things.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “General Discussion”