Play with VR

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ridinroun

Play with VR

Post by Ridinroun »

I have a rift hmd and I have a app called big screen and I used it for WIP. It's pretty good. I'm a little old so it really helped with the tired eyes thing.
SheperdN7

RE: Play with VR

Post by SheperdN7 »

Thats just plain awesome, only 19 but the eyesight is shot [:D] how much did it cost?
Current Games:

WitP:AE PBEM against Greg (Late '44)
AE PBEM against Mogami (Early'44)
WITE PBEM against Boomer Sooner
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

only 19

19?!?!?!? Don't we have an age requirement to get in here somewhere?[:D]

Oh, alright. Wow 19, didn't think any of you whippersnappers had any interest in this stuff.[8D]

Oh, and get off my lawn.[:'(]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
only 19

19?!?!?!? Don't we have an age requirement to get in here somewhere?[:D]

Oh, alright. Wow 19, didn't think any of you whippersnappers had any interest in this stuff.[8D]

Oh, and get off my lawn.[:'(]

Warning!
Lest you think youth and quick thinking will give you an advantage here, be warned that old age and treachery wins every time! [:D]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

[:D]

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

SheperdN7

Post by SheperdN7 »

Just try not to break your hip while watching your CVs sink[;)]

Lol jk, I respect all the old timers on here and you guys (and some gals) have certainly helped me to a large degree in understanding this massive and incredible game.
Oh, alright. Wow 19, didn't think any of you whippersnappers had any interest in this stuff.

Rustysi I'm a unique breed, been absolutely fascinated in WW1 and WW2 since grandpa had me on his knee telling me about "waking the giant" and "Lets go Canada!" he was only in his late teens when the second world war ended but from about Dunkirk, he started to pay attention and detailed every couple weeks in a journal that he kept at the time. I loved hearing about what the world went through during those dark days.

Then I guess my fascination was only aided and encouraged by my father, who in the late 80's (early 90's[&:]) played games like "Rise and Decline of the Third Reich" "Rising Sun" and his all-time favourite "Twilight:2000", it was strategy and roleplaying at its finest and he loved every bit of it. He introduced me to "Harpoon" after I had ruined his first edition "Command at Sea" books (apparently valuable source material for a pen and paper game was not a good colouring book for a 4-year old[:D])

By the time I was 10 I had a very good and detailed knowledge of the second world war and its fronts and theatres, although at that time I thought Burma was in the Phillipines for some reason. The Great War only became, for lack of a better word interesting, after I played "Through mud and blood: the Somme Offensive in the eyes of a British officer" it was brutally simple compared to AE but it still gave me the spark to read more about WW1.

Funny enough, there was 1 other classmate that I had in high school that played and that is my very first pbem experience (wasn't until we reached '43 that I realised what aviation support was used for) but I consider it a golden learning experience.

Warning!
Lest you think youth and quick thinking will give you an advantage here, be warned that old age and treachery wins every time!

Against a BB fanboy??? NEVER[:-]
Current Games:

WitP:AE PBEM against Greg (Late '44)
AE PBEM against Mogami (Early'44)
WITE PBEM against Boomer Sooner
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Just try not to break your hip while watching your CVs sink

Oh yeah punk, bring it!!!![:D]

Hey, kids got moxie. Google that!!!![:'(]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”