Advice sought Dual monitor auto scrolling

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

JamesM

Advice sought Dual monitor auto scrolling

Post by JamesM »

I originally posted this in the the "Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers", but it seems to have been taken over by a spammer and have had no responses.

I have finally decided to start using a dual monitor system for my PC. But what I am finding is that if a game like WitW, WitE, etc is placed on say my left hand monitor I can auto scroll left with my mouse, however I can not auto scroll right with my mouse. I have to use the arrow keys to scroll right and visa versa if it is on the right hand screen.

Can anyone give me advice on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any advice.
morvael

RE: Advice sought Dual monitor auto scrolling

Post by morvael »

It scrolls with mouse but you have to be very precise and hit the edge of the screen on which WitE is, without moving into the second screen.
Aditia

Post by Aditia »

Yep, that works. Also, doesn't matter if you change the scroll speed, it remains agonizingly slow :)

I imagined my previous opponent to have the following playing on his second monitor:
Soviet Player gaming song
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Thank you Morvael, it is often the simplest things that are the hardest to work out.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”