March Time

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

vettim89

March Time

Post by vettim89 »

I am trying to design a scenario that represents a Soviet MRD advancing on NATO lines. This is a "When the Balloon Goes Up" scenario representing the 39th GMRD advancing across the Inter-German border.

So my initial set up has the Division's Recon BTN advancing up axis A and the Recon Coy of the lead MRR advancing up axis B. My goal is to have the four RGT split between these two axes as the come onto the map. The question is how much delay should I allow for units to come onto the map

On axis B the lead elements should be about 15 K behind the Recon units. Figuring a generous 30 kph road march rate the should put the first BTN about 30 minutes behind. I then put the succeeding BTNs at 30 minute intervals with the RGT HQ and artillery arriving with the last group. I put the AA units with the second group and the AT units with the third group. Perhaps I should move them up a group? AA with the first BTN and AT with the second?

Is a 30 minute gap between RGT sound right or would there be more of a gap? Also, should the Tank Regiment be cross attached to the MRR or come on as a separate entity?

Assuming all that sounds good, when should the Divisional assets arrive. As of now I have one DIVARTY BTN available at game's start off map. I have the remain two appearing at 200 minutes and 300 minutes as I assume they would be initially tasked with interdiction missions of known supply dumps and command nodes that are within their reach. Does that seem reasonable? The MRLS BTN appears with the DHQ at c. 240 minutes. So what about the AH BTN? Would they be up front with the Recon or held in reserve to help achieve a break through?

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
vettim89

RE: March Time

Post by vettim89 »

I kind of answered my own question here

FAS

So 15-30 KM between RGTs seems like a good interval. According to that site, the Tank RGT would be partially cross attached and partially attached to the second echelon. DAG should be available almost immediately for a major assault. As this is the opening hours of a conflict with units attacking a known enemy position, I think they should be ready to go nearly immediately. Jeesh that's a lot of artillery

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

Return to “The War Room”