OT: Twilight Struggle

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

krishub1492
OT: Twilight Struggle

Post by krishub1492 »

Since this is a forum of wargamers, wanted to see if any of you have played Twilight Struggle. I learned about it not long ago and it can be addictive. It started as a board game and can now be played on PC via STEAM. You can play against the AI or against online opponents. Now there is an iPad app.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/123 ... t-struggle

There is a great strategy website with a lot of detail about the game.

https://twilightstrategy.com/

Lokasenna

RE: OT: Twilight Struggle

Post by Lokasenna »

I've read great things about it, but have never taken the plunge and bought it because I can't be sure it would actually get played in my house. It might be perfect, or it might be a little too involved. Can't tell.
AlessandroD

Post by AlessandroD »

Played it a bit, great game!
Even if I would not call it a wargame...
szmike

Post by szmike »

I've played extensively back in time using ACTS, Cyberboard (Vassal never convinced me) and email. Great game, simple rules, but hard to master.

Recent PC game iteration doesn't have too good reviews and from what I've heard is quite buggy.
krishub1492

Post by krishub1492 »

ORIGINAL: szmike

I've played extensively back in time using ACTS, Cyberboard (Vassal never convinced me) and email. Great game, simple rules, but hard to master.

Recent PC game iteration doesn't have too good reviews and from what I've heard is quite buggy.

Yes, I think the version on STEAM is a little buggy. I've only played against the AI so far. It's like chess. Easy to learn the rules but not easy to play well.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

krishub 1-

Bought it (on Steam) and love it.

Simple, yet hard to master and very fast moving.

Thank You for bringing this to my attention, Sir!

Mac
LAV-25 2147

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”